Subject: [lemonade] I-D Action:draft-melnikov-imapext-filters-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 07:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Enhancements to Internet email to Support Diverse Service Environments Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IMAP4 extension for named searches (filters)
	Author(s)       : A. Melnikov, C. King
	Filename        : draft-melnikov-imapext-filters-06.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-09-22

The document defines a way to persistently store named IMAP (RFC
3501) searches on the server.  Such named searches can be
subsequently referenced in a SEARCH or any other command that accepts
a search criteria as a parameter.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-melnikov-imapext-filters-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade

---

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 20:26:44 +0300

> C: a SEARCH UID 300:900 FILTER on-the-road SINCE " 3-Dec-2002"

Why is there a space before the date? I think that's invalid according
to RFC 3501.

> 5.  Security Considerations

It may be dangerous for clients to assume that they know what the filter
does. For example if they're using a public filter to find which
messages to expunge and the filter is changed, they may start expunging
wrong messages.

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 19:49:20 +0200

> Why is there a space before the date? I think that's invalid according 

No, legal. Page 84.

Arnt

---

From: Timo Sirainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:11:31 +0300

> > Why is there a space before the date? I think that's invalid according 

FETCH INTERNALDATE uses date-time where it's legal. SEARCH SINCE uses
date where it's not legal.

---

From: Arnt Gulbrandsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 21:06:56 +0200

> date where it's not legal.

Oh, right. Sorry.

Arnt

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 12:19:05 +0100

>date where it's not legal.
Fixed in my copy. Thanks!