Subject: [lemonade] New Streaming Draft -07

From: Neil Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:26:40 +0100

Folks,

just posted a new streaming draft. Attached is a diff with -06.

Change highlights are:
- Added (back) media server discovery mechanism using METADATA
- Moved media server discovery back into the main section of the doc
- Added requirements to use "submit+" under certain circumstances
- Beefed up security section

Todo:
- Several security considerations need to be added around S/MIME and  
URL logging in media servers
- Security section has had quite a lot of text added, which will need  
serious refining/wordsmithing, particularly as I wrote most of it off  
the back of a red-eye from Ghana.
- Recommendation on the username to use with submit+ for  
administrative clarity

Main reason for submitting before the above was done was as a  
placeholder to encourage discussion of the media server discovery  
mechanism and the security considerations around submit+ and the three- 
way trust/security relationships inherent in the mechanism. Also, for  
the editors meeting on Weds.

Neil

_______________________________________________
lemonade mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lemonade
Supplemental Web Site:
http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/lemonade