Subject: [lp-wan] call for techX

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 17:49:43 +0000

Dear all:

Thanks to the intense activity over the last few days, I have just posted a v4 of the LP-WAN draft charter, incorporating many comments on the way; I expect we're getting quite stable by now, though obviously comments are still welcome.

As you know, a charter is a contract between a WG and the IESG; but before we get there, this draft is also and mostly a proposal of work for the future group and an invitation to the LPWA stakeholders, as represented by cross-participating members in this ML.

Based on this proposal of work - and understanding that it is still time to amend it - I'd like to invite folks to suggest LPWA technologies that could become the techX in the charter. Ideally, this should come from officials representing the stakeholders, but suggestions / hints are welcome.

Fire at will!

Pascal

---

From: Alexander Pelov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 08:10:26 +0200

Dear all,

Ideally, what we'd like to have with Pascal is - confirmed participation 
by SDO organizations and technology providers by the end of May. This 
means that we will have at least one representative per technology 
actively contributing to the mailing list starting from June. We will 
have at least one presentation per technology during the BoF in Berlin, 
as well as synchronization with SDO meetings, possibly 
cross-participation, .... - by one of more representatives for each 
technology.

With Pascal, we are well aware that this type of decisions is not light 
to take, and expressing an official commitment on the mailing list 
requires lots of preparation and internal agreement between all 
companies within a given LPWA technology. This takes time.

This is not what this call is about. It is a call for "which 
technologies ARE looking at the future group" + "which technologies 
SHOULD be looking at the future group".

If you are a company, using an LPWA technology or developing one, then 
please, step forward and say so. We have a short list already and it 
would be a pity to miss this opportunity to open the discussion while 
we're still in the early stages of the work. Working towards official 
commitment is one thing, but we also need to understand the technology 
before we can accept it as one of the main techX. And the end of May is 
very soon ;)

Best,
Alexander

Le 2016-04-25 19:49, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) a écrit :
> Dear all:
> 
> Thanks to the intense activity over the last few days, I have just
> posted a v4 of the LP-WAN draft charter, incorporating many comments
> on the way; I expect we're getting quite stable by now, though
> obviously comments are still welcome.
> 
> As you know, a charter is a contract between a WG and the IESG; but
> before we get there, this draft is also and mostly a proposal of work
> for the future group and an invitation to the LPWA stakeholders, as
> represented by cross-participating members in this ML.
> 
> Based on this proposal of work - and understanding that it is still
> time to amend it - I'd like to invite folks to suggest LPWA
> technologies that could become the techX in the charter. Ideally, this
> should come from officials representing the stakeholders, but
> suggestions / hints are welcome.
> 
> Fire at will!
> 
> Pascal
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> lp-wan mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lp-wan