Subject: [lp-wan] Profile for the SCHC hackathon

From: Laurent Toutain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 15:32:18 +0100

Hi,

As stated before by Dominique, during the Hackathon we will use mostly UDP
instead of a LPWAN network to test the fragmentation. The goal is to
simplify the access by remote participants.

During the hackathon, we will implement Ack on Error as described in the
last version of the draft. The following profile will be used:
- ruleID : 6 bits
- DTAG: 2 bits
- Window: 5 bits
- FCN: 3 bits

In the first step, only one 30-byte tile will be sent on each fragment.
This allows to have a header aligned on a byte boundary, this will help to
concentrate on the Ack on Error Fragmentation algorithm. The reassembly
process will wait for data on port 44048. The UDP payload will contain the
SCHC Fragment.

The fragmentation will wait for Ack after the transmission of all
fragments. The reassembly has the possibility to send Ack after the
reception of a All-1 frag or an Ack request (empty All-0). The MIC will be
the default MIC specified by the draft.

In a second step, we will be to send several tiles per fragment.

See you in Bangkok and contact us if you want to participate remotely.

Laurent