Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 09:40:40 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Large Scale Multicast Applications Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Taxonomy of Communication Requirements for 
                          Large-scale Multicast Applications
	Author(s)	: P. Bagnall, B. Briscoe, A. Poppitt
	Filename	: draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-02.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 20-May-98
	
The intention of this draft is to define a classification system
for the communication requirements of any large-scale multicast
application (LSMA). It is very unlikely one protocol can achieve
a compromise between the diverse requirements of all the parties
involved in any LSMA. It is therefore necessary to understand the
worst-case scenarios in order to minimise the range of protocols
needed. Dynamic protocol adaptation is likely to be necessary
which will require logic to map particular combinations of
requirements to particular mechanisms. Standardising the way that
applications define their requirements is a necessary step
towards this. Classification is a first step towards
standardisation.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lsma-requirements-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.