Subject: [Lsr] Fw: New Version Notification for draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-00.txt

From: "徐小虎(义先)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 08:40:31 +0800

Hi all,
This draft is a replacement of http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc. Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
Best regards,Xiaohu------------------------------------------------------------------label.colon.from.englishinternet-drafts <[email-masked]>label.colon.send.time.english2018年4月18日(星期三) 08:29label.colon.to.english徐小虎(义先) <[email-masked]>; Luyuan Fang <[email-masked]>; Shaowen Ma <[email-masked]>; Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>label.colon.subject.englishNew Version Notification for draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Xiaohu Xu and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:  draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc
Revision: 00
Title:  OSPF Flooding Reduction in MSDC
Document date: 2018-04-17
Group:  Individual Submission
Pages:  7
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-xu-lsr-ospf-flooding-reduction-in-msdc

Abstract:
   OSPF is commonly used as an underlay routing protocol for MSDC
   (Massively Scalable Data Center) networks.  For a given OSPF router
   within the CLOS topology, it would receive multiple copies of exactly
   the same LSA from multiple OSPF neighbors.  In addition, two OSPF
   neighbors may send each other the same LSA simultaneously.  The
   unneccessary link-state information flooding wastes the precious
   process resource of OSPF routers greatly due to the fact that there
   are too many OSPF neighbors for each OSPF router within the CLOS
   topology.  This document proposes some extensions to OSPF so as to
   reduce the OSPF flooding within MSDC networks greatly.  The reduction
   of the OSPF flooding is much beneficial to improve the scalability of
   MSDC networks.  These modifications are applicable to both OSPFv2 and
   OSPFv3.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat