Subject: [Lsr] Fwd: [Rift] RIFT-Python flooding reduction feature guide

From: Tony Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 18:17:33 -0400

I read quickly through it, very readable plain narrative explanation of the
IMO best-in-class flood reduction we've in RIFT, implemented and operating
today so I'm fwd'ing through to LSR given the lively discussions around the
topic these days there as well ... Understandably, the spec is dense and
detailed while you have the knack to make it into a digestable English
narrative ;-)

What you omitted is that the solution largely deals with the very difficult
problem of "flooding incast" when a parent node boots up as well by
ignoring first TIRE (request) when not being flood repeater ...

thanks Bruno

--- tony

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Bruno Rijsman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 6:04 PM
Subject: [Rift] RIFT-Python flooding reduction feature guide
To: <[email-masked]>

I just posted the feature guide for RIFT-Python flooding reduction:
http://bit.ly/flooding-reduction-feature-guide. This was implemented some
time ago already, but I finally got around to documenting it in preparation
for the RIFT working group meeting on Thursday.

Comments / corrections / pull requests welcome.

— Bruno
_______________________________________________
RIFT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rift