Subject: [Lsr] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-06: (with DISCUSS)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 21:26:03 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-06: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

An easy item to address.  Per Section 5,  “Specifically, TE traffic may be
delivered to the wrong tail-end router, which could lead to suboptimal routing
or even traffic loops”, the impact could also include providing access to an
attacker.  Perhaps:

OLD:
Specifically, TE traffic may be delivered to the wrong tail-end router, which
could lead to suboptimal routing or even traffic loops.

NEW:
Specifically, TE traffic may be delivered to the wrong tail-end router, which
could lead to suboptimal routing; traffic loops; or expose the traffic to
attacker inspection or modification.

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 10:36:32 +0000

On August 8, 2019 at 12:26:07 AM, Roman Danyliw via Datatracker ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>) wrote:

[Document author.]

Roman:

Sure…we’ll add something like that in the next revision.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

OLD:

NEW:

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 14:32:18 +0000

[Author]

Roman:

Hi!

I just uploaded a new version.  Please take a look.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On August 8, 2019 at 6:36:51 AM, Alvaro Retana ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>) wrote:

[Document author.]

Roman:

Thanks!

Alvaro.

OLD:

NEW:

_______________________________________________
Lsr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 11:00:00 +0000

Hi Roman,
Can we clear the DISCUSS on Alvaro’s update?
Thanks,
Acee

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, August 16, 2019 at 10:32 AM
To: Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>
Cc: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, The IESG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-06: (with DISCUSS)

[Author]

Roman:

Hi!

Thanks!

Alvaro.

[Document author.]

Roman:

Thanks!

Alvaro.

OLD:

NEW:

---

From: Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 12:22:45 +0000

Hi Acee!

Thanks for -07 update.  It addresses my discussion point and I’ve updated my ballot to reflect this change.

Thanks,
Roman

From: Acee Lindem (acee) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:00 AM
To: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>; Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; The IESG <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-06: (with DISCUSS)

Hi Roman,

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Friday, August 16, 2019 at 10:32 AM
To: Roman Danyliw <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, The IESG <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Re: [Lsr] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-ospf-xaf-te-06: (with DISCUSS)

[Author]

Roman:

Hi!

Thanks!

Alvaro.

[Document author.]

Roman:

Thanks!

Alvaro.

OLD:

NEW:

_______________________________________________
Lsr mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lsr