Subject: [Lsr] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-04

From: Russ Housley via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 14:37:33 -0700

Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-04
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2019-08-15
IETF LC End Date: 2019-08-27
IESG Telechat date: Unknown

Summary: Ready with Nits

Major Concerns:

None

Minor Concerns:

None

Nits:

Section 3.2.3: The lettered paragraphs at the top of the section
begin with lower case letters, but the lettered paragraphs at the
top of the section begin with upper case letters.  Please be
consistent.

Section 3.2.3: s/time after which the adjacency will now expire/
                /time after which the adjacency will expire/

Section 3.2.3 says:

   ... It
   is therefore useful to signal a planned restart (if the forwarding
   plane on the restarting router is maintained) so that ...

I suggest:

   ... If
   the forwarding plane on the restarting router is maintained, it
   is useful to signal a planned restart so that ...

---

From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 19:33:07 +0000

Russ -

Thanx for the careful review.
I have uploaded V5 of the draft which addresses your comments subject to my responses inline.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Russ Housley via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:38 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-lsr-isis-rfc5306bis-04
> 
> Reviewer: Russ Housley
[Les:] Done

>                 /time after which the adjacency will expire/
[Les:] I left this unchanged.  The text is identical to text in Section 3.2.1 regarding the RA bit. The point of using "now expire" is to emphasize that the expiration time has been adjusted as a result of the RR/PR request.
Hope this is OK with you.

>    is useful to signal a planned restart so that ...

[Les:] I rewrote this paragraph. The term "restart" has been defined in Section 2 to be associated with a control plane restart which involves maintenance of the forwarding plane - so some of the text was redundant. 
I hope the revised text is both more readable and more precise.

   Les

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2019 17:05:05 -0400

>> top of the section begin with upper case letters.  Please be

Cool.

> Hope this is OK with you.

Sure.  That makes sense.

> I hope the revised text is both more readable and more precise.

I just fetched the -05 version.  The revised paragraph looks good to me.

Russ