Subject: [Lsr] Protocol Action: 'IS-IS Application-Specific Link Attributes' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-isis-te-app-19.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 12:03:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IS-IS Application-Specific Link Attributes'
  (draft-ietf-isis-te-app-19.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Link State Routing Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-te-app/

Technical Summary

      This document specifies extensions to ISIS to specify encoding for
      application specific link attributes. This will support both
      different attributes for applications and limiting the usage of
      attributes to specific applications. Backward compatibility
      considerations are also discussed. 

Working Group Summary

     There was initial objection to this work and the requirement for application
      specific attributes. However, after considerable debate, consensus
      was reached on the the document.  

Document Quality

   This document has been a WG document for a multiple years.
    It is stable, without changes to the technical solution and only
    clarifications.

Personnel

   Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
   Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.