Subject: Notary services: Additional use-cases

From: Thomas Kunz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:40:47 +0200

Hi,

in addition to the use-cases already described in the notary services
requirements, we would like to present some further use-cases.

Rectification of false statements:

One service can be the rectification, the supplementation, or the
cancellation of some parts of the original document on demand of the
document's owner.
In a similar use-case the service can obliterate confidential parts
(e.g. names of involved persons) in copy documents in order to publish
it.
Both use-cases can be understood as special kinds of transformations.
In particular in the first use-case the service has to document the
rectifications.

Best regards,

Thomas

------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl. Inf. Thomas Kunz
Fraunhofer - Institut für Sichere Telekooperation (FhG-SIT)
Dolivostrasse 15
D-64293 Darmstadt (Germany)
Tel: +49-6151-869-60204
------------------------------------------------------------
e-mail: [email-masked]

http://www.sit.fraunhofer.de
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 13:30:22 -0700

> In particular in the first use-case the service has to document the

I'm not sure I understand this suggestion... is this something
that some notaries perform in some jurisdictions?

I know there are some general categories of document processing
services that are performed by different organizations, but I
don't know where the working group wants to draw the boundary.