Subject: DSSC comment

From: "Carl Wallace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:32:15 -0400

There was a comment during the meeting regarding DSSC (that was raised
last meeting too).  Essentially, the question is why aren't parameters
associated with a validity period, with a list of parameters appearing
under an OID?  This would avoid searching the list for RSA, for example,
finding multiple entries and having to dig through the parameters until
finding an appropriate entry.

---

From: "Susanne Okunick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:14:03 +0100

You are right. This would be more efficient. We will think about this issue and perhaps make changes on our structure. Thank you for this comment.

-- 
Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört?
Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:14:03 +0100
From: "Susanne Okunick" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: DSSC comment
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

You are right. This would be more efficient. We will think about this issue and perhaps make changes on our structure. Thank you for this comment.

-- 
Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört?
Der kann`s mit allen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger

Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
Subject: DSSC comment
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:32:15 -0400
From: "Carl Wallace" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sender: [email-masked]

finding an appropriate entry. =20

To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-02.txt 
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 02:15:04 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: [email-masked]

--NextPart

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Long-Term Archive and Notary Services Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Data Structure for Security Suitabilities of Cryptographic Algorithms (DSSC)
	Author(s)       : T. Kunz, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-02.txt
	Pages           : 38
	Date            : 2008-03-10

In many application areas it must be possible to prove the existence
and integrity of digital signed data.  This proof depends on the
security suitability of the used cryptographic algorithms.  Because
algorithms can become weak over the years, it is necessary to
periodically evaluate these security suitabilities.  When signing or
verifying data, these evaluations must be considered.  This document
specifies a data structure for security suitabilities of
cryptographic algorithms which may be automatically
interpreted.Conventions used in this document

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this
document are to be interpreted as described in [RFC2119].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--NextPart
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
	name="draft-ietf-ltans-dssc-02.txt";
	site="ftp.ietf.org";
	access-type="anon-ftp";
	directory="internet-drafts"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:     <[email-masked]>

--NextPart--