Subject: FW: NIST Special Publications - Public Comments Requested

From: "Carl Wallace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:16:27 -0500

The third of the NIST special publications listed below may be of
interest to folks on this list.

________________________________

From: Sara Caswell [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:38 AM
To: Sara Caswell
Subject: NIST Special Publications - Public Comments Requested

NIST requests comments on Draft SP 800-56B, Recommendation for Pair-Wise
Key Establishment Using Integer Factorization Cryptography. This
Recommendation provides the specifications of asymmetric-based key
agreement and key transport schemes that are based on the Rivest Shamir
Adleman (RSA) algorithm. The draft is available at
http://www.csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-56B/Draft_SP800-56B_Dec
2008.pdf. Please provide comments to [email-masked] by February 12,
2009, with "Comments on SP 800-56B" in the subject line.

Please note that the public comments period for FIPS 186-3, the Digital
Signature Standard, closes on Friday, December 12, 2008. The draft is
available at
http://www.csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-57-part3/Draft_SP800-57
-Part3_Recommendationforkeymanagement.pdf. Send any comments by the due
date, as we intend to finalize this Standard as soon as possible. Please
submit comments to [email-masked] with "Comments on Draft 186-3" in
the subject line.

Also, the public comment period on SP 800-102, Recommendation for
Digital Signature Timeliness, closes on Friday, December 19, 2008. The
draft is available at
http://www.csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-102/Draft_SP800-102.pdf
. Please provide comments to [email-masked] with "Comments on SP
800-102" in the subject line