Subject: RE: [Ltru] Reading legacy data

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:37:14 +0000

L.Gillam [[email-masked]] wrote:

<quote>
Accept but reduce dependency on, or keep using because of "legacy code"?
I discovered yesterday, to my sheer horror, that an Oracle V10 client
could not
speak to an Oracle V8.1.5 server. But, an Oracle V8.1.5 server will
apparently
not work on a RedHat FC3 or RHEL 3 platform, and the platform it is
currrently
on cannot be hack-proofed for web accesses. Do Microsoft still support
Windows 95/98? There are ways to work around the problem, but as time
goes
by the work arounds become an artform - and I'm not a great fan of art.
:-(
</quote>

Hence all important documents should be carved into cave walls.

Misha

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru