Subject: [Ltru] Re: follow-up of an exchange on [email-masked]

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:32:16 -0800

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin <jefsey at jefsey dot com> wrote:

> The ietf-languages mailing list is not the IANA list presented in the
> RFC 3066.

John Cowan explained on January 17 that the address
[email-masked] points to the same mailing list as the one
referenced in RFC 3066, [email-masked].  They are the same
list.  Some participants post to the alvestrand.no address, others to
the iana.org address.  It makes no difference.

Furthermore, the list is included on the page "IETF Non-WG Mailing
Lists" located at https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/nwg_list.cgi.
This page, in its own words, "attempts to list all the active, publicly
visible lists that are considered to be related to the IETF, but are not
the main list of any working group."  Clearly the IETF considers
ietf-languages to be a legitimate, IETF-related discussion list.  I
don't know what IANA thinks of it.

-Doug Ewell
 Fullerton, California
 http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:06:49 +0100

At 23:32 19/03/2005, Doug Ewell wrote:
>   I don't know what IANA thinks of it.

So, I see we agree.
Keep cool: no one knows.
jfc