Subject: RE: [Ltru] Re: XML registries now available

From: Misha Wolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 20:04:37 +0100

Why are we talking about XML in an RFC.  Surely the registry wouldn't be
*in* an RFC?

HTML 4.01 allows hex NCRs [1], as does XHTML.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.2.3

Misha

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit http://www.reuters.com/productinfo 

Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
the views of Reuters Ltd.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:48:48 +0200

Misha Wolf wrote:

> Surely the registry wouldn't be *in* an RFC?

The _initial_ registry could be in an RfC, compare RfC 4021 and
http://www.iana.org/assignments/message-headers/perm-headers.html

In that case IANA invented its own format instead of using the
initial registry, the time lag between RfC 3864, 3865, and 4021
could be the reason, maybe they'll fix this later.  Bye, Frank