Subject: [Ltru] Re: Jersey JE and Guernsey GG Country Codes

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:34:04 -0700

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

> FYI, from their FAQ:
>
> 02: What is the procedure for adding new country names and codes to
> ISO 3166-1?
> A: New names and codes are added when the United Nations publish new
> names in either their Terminology Bulletin Country Names or in the
> Country and Region Codes for Statistical Use maintained by the United
> Nations Statistics Division. There is no other way of having new
> country names included in ISO 3166-1. So if a name is not on these
> lists it will not get into ISO 3166-1.

Having an entry in the UN list is necessary, but apparently not
sufficient, since the MA reports that these codes must be requested
through BSI.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru