Subject: [Ltru] Submission: LTRU initial-registry draft-02

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:42:36 -0700

Dear Editor,

Attached please find the third draft of the LTRU initial-registry
document, "draft-ietf-ltru-initial-02", in text format.

Best regards,

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:27:16 +0200

Doug Ewell wrote:

> "draft-ietf-ltru-initial-02", in text format.

|  3.  UN numeric code elements assigned to "macro-geographical
|      (continental)" as of the date of adoption of
[...]

Just to prove that I've read it, maybe s/as of/regions as of/

In point six you say "These code elements are listed in Section
4, indicating that they are valid for registration" etc.  This
part belongs to your point five.  

Section 4 does not contain any "withdrawn, vacated, deprecated,
or otherwise judged by the LTRU working group as questionable"
items.  Actually there were no items "judged as questionable" -
you just followed the rules skipping all deprecated items.  New
wording:

 5.  The UN numeric code elements for countries or areas not
     associated with an assigned [ISO3166-1] alpha-2 code
     element were not added to the ILSR.  These values 
+    are listed in Section 4 and
     may be requested for registration by individuals using the
     process defined in [I-D.ietf-ltru-registry] and according
     to the rules described therein.
+    Listing of these code elements in this section is not a
+    guarantee of future registration.

 6.  Items withdrawn, vacated, deprecated,
+    or modified
-    modified, or otherwise judged by the LTRU working group
-    to be questionable
     were not added to the ILSR.
-    These code elements are listed in Section 4, indicating
-    that they are valid for registration using the process in
-    [I-D.ietf-ltru-registry] but were not included initially.
-    Listing of these code elements in this section is not a
-    guarantee of future registration.

Otherwise that I-D should be ready - I didn't check all tags
again assuming that you'd tell us if you did something more
interesting than replacing some dates by 2005-07-10.

All references are in fact referenced.  <IANAL> No copyright
problems, "not a mirror" is nice </IANAL>.   No 2119 keywords.
Longest line length 72.  Exactly two folded lines, both okay:

   Description: Interlingua (International Auxiliary Language
     Association)
   Description: Minnan, Hokkien, Amoy, Taiwanese, Southern Min, Southern
     Fujian, Hoklo, Southern Fukien, Ho-lo

No problems found, and now I don't want to hear 830, 831, 832,
or 833 again for the rest of this year (sorry GG, IM, JE, we
really did our best, please talk with your Duke).  Bye, Frank

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:15:06 -0700

Hi -

Are there any objections to accepting Frank's editorial comments
on the initial registry draft -02?  None of these would require extending
the last call.

Randy, ltru co-chair

> From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 2:27 AM
> Subject: [Ltru] Re: Submission: LTRU initial-registry draft-02
>