Subject: [Ltru] UN region code list change

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 00:41:50 -0700

I regret to announce that the United Nations Statistics Division has
made another "unannounced" change to their M.49 code list.  Fortunately,
the change appears to be minimal, and deals with a name only:

    Timor-Leste  -->  Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste

The only indication that this change occurred is the notation "revised
14 July 2005" on the page dealing with macro-geographical regions.
There is no date notation at all on the alphabetic list of countries.
The only way I found out about this change was through the free
WatchThatPage service.

The page http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49chang.htm, which is
supposed to list "Name changes with no change in code," does not include
an entry for this change.

UNSD has also fixed their previous error in the use of a macro code for
"Southern Asia," again with no formal notice.

I would like to request that UNSD indicate all changes to their code
list on the "added or changed" page referenced above, regardless of the
nature, size, or scope of the change, and add a "revised" date to all
pages dealing with the M.49 standard.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:49:25 +0200

>     Timor-Leste  -->  Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste

The UN name for 626 doesn't affect us, we use ISO 3166-1 TL.

                    Bye, Frank