Subject: [Ltru] Galician

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:46:31 -0700

ISO 639-2/RA has announced a change on its Change Notice page:

http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/codechanges.html

The English name of the language represented by code elements "gl" and
"glg" has been changed from "Gallegan" to "Galician."  The Note on the
Change Notice page reads, "Incorrect form of English name (Gallegan)
corrected."  All six online versions of the ISO 639-2 code list have
been corrected uniformly.

Since we have not yet reached Date B, I propose that the Description
field for primary language subtag "gl" in the initial registry be
changed from "Gallegan" to "Galician" to match this change.  This will
probably require a ticket.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 15:40:30 +0900

>probably require a ticket.

[chair hat on]
Please go ahead and create a ticket.

[chair hat off]
I support this change, but I'm okay if we don't change.

Regards,    Martin.

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:12:39 -0700

> I support this change, but I'm okay if we don't change.
Ditto

‎Mark