Subject: [Ltru] Re: Jersey JE and Guernsey GG Country Codes

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:47:01 -0700

Debbie Garside <debbie at ictmarketing dot co dot uk> wrote:

> So... are you telling me that I have to go back to Tony (Blair) and
tell him
> his letter won't be necessary...?  ;-)

Joseph Martinez from ISO 3166/MA told me these requests "would have to
be coordinated with the British Standards Institution (BSI) and the
relevant Government Departments in London."  So if I were you, I'd have
Tony go ahead and write his letter.

I agree with Frank that IM should also be requested for Isle of Man as
long as you are at it.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Debbie Garside" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:44:34 +0100

FYI

The position at the moment is that codes for Jersey (JE) Guernsey (GG) and
Isle of Man (IM) have been approved by both BS Committee members and UK
Government.  There is a stumbling block in that the BSI Sec for the 3166
shadow committee has just left (1st July).  I am endeavouring to get another
BSI sec to take it over in the interim just for the submission to ISO 3166.

Having spoken to Joseph Martinez at the ISO 3166 MA, I am reliably informed
that the process will most probably take 2 months to complete (normally 1
month but delayed due to summer holidays).  I am also reliably informed
that, on the face of it, given that there are UN codes and on receipt of a
request made via BSI and supported by UK government (which should be in
place by Friday), there should be no problem with the request.

Will keep you informed!

Kind regards

Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Doug Ewell
Sent: 13 July 2005 05:47
To: LTRU Working Group
Subject: [Ltru] Re: Jersey JE and Guernsey GG Country Codes

tell him
> his letter won't be necessary...?  ;-)

Joseph Martinez from ISO 3166/MA told me these requests "would have to be
coordinated with the British Standards Institution (BSI) and the relevant
Government Departments in London."  So if I were you, I'd have Tony go ahead
and write his letter.

I agree with Frank that IM should also be requested for Isle of Man as long
as you are at it.

---

From: "John.Cowan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 07:33:18 -0400

Debbie Garside scripsit:

> [...] there should be no problem with the request.

Hurrah!  Thanks.

-- 
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan      [email-masked]
Be yourself.  Especially do not feign a working knowledge of RDF where
no such knowledge exists.  Neither be cynical about RELAX NG; for in
the face of all aridity and disenchantment in the world of markup,
James Clark is as perennial as the grass.  --DeXiderata, Sean McGrath