Subject: RE: [Ltru] Compatibility (Was: Last call: Private UseTags)

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:51:22 -0700

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On
> Behalf Of Randy Presuhn

> However, just to remove all doubt, I'd like a hum on the following
> paragraph from
> the registry draft's material on "goals":
> 
>    *Compatibility.* All RFC 3066 language tags  (including those in
the
>    IANA registry)  remain valid in this specification.  The changes in
>    this document represent additional constraints on language tags.
>    That is, in no case is the syntax more permissive and processors
>    based on the RFC 3066 ABNF (such as those described in [XMLSchema])
>    will be able to process the tags described by this document.  In
>    addition, this document defines language tags in such as way as to
>    ensure future compatibility.
> 
> Please indicate whether you agree or disagree with this goal.

I agree with this goal.

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Erkki Kolehmainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:38:28 +0300

So do I.
Erkki I. Kolehmainen