Subject: RE: [Ltru] Last call: IANA adaptation of the UN disclaimer

From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:03:12 -0700

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On
> Behalf Of r&d afrac

> I suggest that we copy the UN disclaimer and tell the IANA to use the
> following wording in its display and documents:

The second half of this paragraph, which refers to statistics and
datasets, is out of context and not applicable. I have no objection to a
revision of the first half appearing in the registry:
 
"The designations employed and the presentation of names of countries or
regions, languages or scripts in this registy do not imply the
expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the IETF, ICANN and
IANA concerning the legal status of any country, territory, region or of
its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of frontiers or
boundaries, or concerning any cultural, political, economical,
educational sovereign issue within any country or region including any
issues pertaining to the identity or usage of any language or script
within any country or region."

Peter Constable

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 10:34:43 -0700

+1

‎Mark

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Peter Constable" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 07:03
Subject: RE: [Ltru] Last call: IANA adaptation of the UN disclaimer

On

Peter Constable