Subject: [Ltru] Re: record jar reference

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:26:39 -0700

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

> And I somehow expect that the UN pages will delete 830 and/or
> 3166-1 will list GG+JE+IM precisely five minutes before the
> end of your "AUTH48".

Don't think I haven't thought about that.  ISO 639 has already added two
language code elements since July.  I had hoped things would quiet down
in the source standards while we were finishing this off, but noooo.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:58:37 +0200

Doug Ewell wrote:

> I had hoped things would quiet down in the source standards
> while we were finishing this off, but noooo.

Murphy.  If Addison adds...

<seriesInfo name="Addison-Wesley Professional" value="" />

...between </front> and </reference> in AUTH48 you could copy
the complete resulting [record-jar] reference from the source:
http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-registry-13.xml
The part...

<reference anchor="record-jar" target="urn:isbn:0-13-142901-9">

...worked as expected in draft 13, and amazon confirms that it
is correct - their form wants it of course without 'urn:isbn:'.

I'd still like a real registry URL in the stub chapter 3 later
in AUTH48, and the RFC editor is also the right place to get a
"no" for this plan - generally they hate URLs, but maybe they
would accept an IANA registry URL.  If not asking cannot hurt,
the text is complete and fine as it is (for date B 2005-09-24).

                         Bye, Frank