Subject: RE: [Ltru] Re: give ABNF for Prefix (gen-art #15)

From: "Addison Phillips" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:16:41 -0700

> Then if you suppress the second paragraph you quote, you do not have
> an example of appropriat tag.

Huh? Here is the sentence you are talking about:

--
For example, the 'Prefix' for the variant 'nedis' is "sl", meaning that the tags "sl-nedis" and "sl-IT-nedis" might be appropriate choices while the tag "is-nedis" is not.
--

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Globalization Architect, Quest Software
Chair, W3C Internationalization Core Working Group

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture. 

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: r&d afrac <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:57:42 +0200

At 16:16 02/09/2005, Addison Phillips wrote:
>For example, the 'Prefix' for the variant 'nedis' is "sl", meaning 
>that the tags "sl-nedis" and "sl-IT-nedis" might be appropriate 
>choices while the tag "is-nedis" is not.
>--

You are correct. I was refering to the other redundant paragraph you 
want to remove. My confusion was dislexic: in reading both I felt 
more at ease with the other example and though of a typo in this one. 
Apologies. But you might want to use other prefixes than "sl" and 
"is" which may quick-read similar?
jfc

---

From: "Kent Karlsson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 17:07:15 +0200 (CEST)

> --
> For example, the 'Prefix' for the variant 'nedis' is "sl", meaning that
> the tags "sl-nedis" and "sl-IT-nedis" might be appropriate choices while
> the tag "is-nedis" is not.
> --

It seems to me that this sentence conflates two issues:
1. Whether a tag is correctly formed or not (not just syntactically).
2. Whether a tag is appropriate for some particular data.

Concentrating on the first issue, maybe the sentence should read
(less confusingly):
---
For example, the 'Prefix' for the variant 'nedis' is "sl", meaning that
the tags "sl-nedis" and "sl-IT-nedis" are correctly formed tags while
the tag "is-nedis" is not.
---

   /Kent K