Subject: [Ltru] Re: [psg.com #1131] IETF/LC update entry for zh-guoyu

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 21:14:30 -0700

Randy Presuhn <randy underscore presuhn at mindspring dot com> wrote:

> So far, I haven't seen anything like a consensus on what to do with
> this item. If there is no consensus to change, then the decision about
> what (if anything) to do to zh-guoyu will be left for
> [email-masked] to decide after the new registry goes into
> effect, whenever that might be.
>
> For now, I'll leave this open, but if no rough consensus emerges, it
> will be marked "rejected".

I don't understand whether this means I am supposed to leave
draft-initial-04 alone, with zh-guoyu deprecated in favor of zh-cmn, or
create a new draft-05, with this change from July undone.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 23:15:51 -0700

Hi -

> From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
> To: "LTRU Working Group" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 9:14 PM
> Subject: [Ltru] Re: [psg.com #1131] IETF/LC update entry for zh-guoyu
>
...

At this time, definitely *NOT* create a draft-05.  We won't do submit any
updates until after we've handled any DISCUSS items that come back from
the IESG.  All these items from IETF last call being discussed for both
drafts will need to be "batched", and merged / cycled with edits resulting
from IESG feedback when the time comes.  At this point it's important to
keep churn to a minimum.

As for the specific text in the zh-guoyu entry, there's an issue
because messages posted to the list seem to indicate that some change
is needed.  Just what that change should be isn't clear to me.
For example, one message says "However, "zh-guoyu" should have a
Preferred-Value of "zh-cmn"", which is what I see in draft -04,
so I'm not sure what folks want to change.  That's why there's an
issue.  Unless there is consensus to make a change, the "default"
has to be to keep things as they are in -04.

Randy, ltru co-chair