Subject: [Ltru] Re: OT: ISO/IEC 10646 and ISO/IEC 14651 freely available

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:48:42 -0700

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

>> fr-1 to mean "french spoken by a man" or zh-2 (chinese as spoken by a 
>> woman).
>
> That could get extension "s", extension "l" is for locations, 
> en-scouse-l-airport = "Scouse as spoken on airports".  Joke off, no 
> issue, 4646 requires "IETF consensus" for extensions.

ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4589.txt

Location types could easily be divided into 8-character blocks, to fit 
the syntax.  It is strange that this hasn't already been... ah, never 
mind.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages 

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru