Subject: [Ltru] Small fix to text on Suppress Script

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 18:32:00 -0700

Frank's message brought up an issue -- the following text should be changed
in Addison's copy.

This field indicates a script used to write the
   overwhelming majority of documents for the given language and that
   therefore adds no distinguishing information to a language tag.  It
no => little
   helps ensure greater compatibility between the language tags
   generated according to the rules in this document and language tags
   and tag processors or consumers based on RFC 3066.  For example,
   virtually all Icelandic documents are written in the Latin script,
   making the subtag 'Latn' redundant in the tag "is-Latn".
=> making the subtag 'Latn' in "is-Latn" redundant in all typical cases.

The text further down is ok, since it is correctly qualified to "most
applications".

       The
       field 'Suppress-Script' in the primary language record in the
       registry indicates which script subtags do not add distinguishing
       information for most applications.
_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru