Subject: [Ltru] Re: UTF-8

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:43:08 -0700

Addison Phillips <addison at yahoo dash inc dot com> wrote:

> By the way: nothing says we have to put the actual updated registry 
> into the I-D. Yes, we did it that way last time. But that is NOT the 
> only way to transmit data to them. And I purposely selected the text 
> in 4646bis-00 to *not* specifically state what form the update would 
> take.

In that case, there would be no point in having a 4645bis, since the 
rules for bulk-revising the Registry could be incorporated directly into 
4646bis.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

> I would suggest that it would be just as easy and/or better to specify 
> that the LSTR (via his technical helper, aka Doug) create and verify 
> the updated registry before forwarding it.

I completely defer to the "pros" who have lengthy experience working 
with IETF and IANA on things like this.

> In fact, I've been thinking about text that Doug could use in 4645bis 
> to manage the interregnum process and I'll send that to the list 
> shortly.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
RFC 4645  *  UTN #14

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru