Subject: [Ltru] [OT] record-jar format draft...

From: Addison Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 12:16:59 -0700

Doug gently mentioned the question of "standard" vs. "modified" 
record-jar format. Which reminds me that I really should finish off the 
record-jar informational RFC some time.

Today I updated my draft-00 of it and posted it on my personal web site. 
I welcome comments (it needs some more tweaking). I note that this 
version is closer to the LTRU format than previously.

For those interested, discussion is at [email-masked] and 
the documents are at:

   http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-phillips-record-jar-00.txt
   http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-phillips-record-jar-00.html
   http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-phillips-record-jar-00.xml

Addison

-- 
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:19:52 +0200

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 12:16:59PM -0700,
 Addison Phillips <[email-masked]> wrote 

> Today I updated my draft-00 of it and posted it on my personal web site. 

Wouldn't it a good idea to mention the related stuff such as JSON (RFC
4627) or XML (Bray, T., Paoli, J. and C. Sperberg-McQueen, "Extensible
Markup Language (XML) 1.0", W3C REC-xml-1998, February 1998,
<http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210/>.).

Because, when reading the draft, the innocent beginner may wonder:
"Why yet another format?"

---

From: Addison Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:45:07 -0700

> "Why yet another format?"

Thanks for the comment. I'm not sure that referencing other formats 
explicitly is necessary (where does one stop?!?), but the Introduction 
could be a bit more expansive.

Addison

PS> I'd prefer not to discuss that draft here, unless LTRU decides that 
it would be better to remove the record-jar descriptive material and 
reference my I-D. I'd prefer not to add a dependency, if at all possible.