Subject: [Ltru] Status of draft-4645bis-00

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 05:52:57 -0700

I'll be out of town until Sunday, but hope to have a first draft of 
4645bis posted to the list by Monday.

Unless there's a decision to switch formats, the first draft will 
continue to specify the same format we are currently using.  However, it 
will reference RFC 4646bis as the source of information on that format, 
and not the Eric Raymond document.

As indicated, the order of existing Registry entries (including "amp" 
and "frr") won't be changed, but the 7,000 new language subtags will be 
inserted in alpha order within the 3-letter language subtags, and the 
extlangs will be added in their own section (as required), also in alpha 
order.

Per Martin, the reference to 4645 will be informative and not normative. 
I expect the experts to fix any errors I make in that regard anyway.

I'll also add the field "Comments: replaced by ISO code xxx" for all of 
the grandfathered sign-language tags, plus sgn-CH-de, again for 
consistency with the past.

The lack of a Preferred-Value for the now-deprecated "zh-min", and the 
fact that no existing Description fields will be changed or deleted, 
will be explicitly mentioned.

If anyone has any additional comments or concerns about 4645bis, please 
send them to the list.  Again, I regret the fact that we aren't using 
the issue tracker so I can be sure of not missing anything.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
RFC 4645  *  UTN #14

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:08:23 +0200

> Per Martin, the reference to 4645 will be informative and not

The question of "normative references" in an informational RFC
is kind of bogus, we can continue to discuss this for 01.   

If you post the draft to the list please add the size (6xy KB)
in the subject.

Frank