Subject: [Ltru] [OT] IE7 RC1...

From: Addison Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:40:25 -0700

I installed Internet Explorer 7 release candidate 1 on Monday.

Why do you care?

Well, you click on "Tools | Internet Options" and click the "languages" 
button. Click "Add" and feast your eyes on a lovely bunch of RFC 4646 
language tags.

Visible are tags with script subtags (quite a list of them), alpha3 
language subtags, and one with a UN M.49 region (in the tag "en-029"). 
There is still a fairly short arbitrary limit on tag length (16 
characters), but otherwise things look pretty cool. Interestingly, there 
are no tags for Simplified vs. Traditional Chinese (just regional 
variations).

Addison

-- 
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru