Subject: [Ltru] further edits...

From: Addison Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:16:13 -0700

3.4, point 17 includes this example:

--
For example, if the subtag
         'gan' in the language tag "zh-gan" were to be registered as an
         extended language subtag, then the grandfathered tag "zh-gan"
         would be deprecated (but existing content or implementations
         that use "zh-gan" would remain valid).
--

In light of this document (and the fact that we're showing the move from 
grandfathered to redundant in the example), I have changed this text to 
read:

--
For example, this document caused the ISO 639-3 code 'gan', used
in the redundant tag "zh-gan", to be registered as an extended language 
subtag. The formerly-grandfathered tag "zh-gan" became a redundant tag 
as a result (but existing content or implementations that use "zh-gan" 
remain valid).
-- 

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru