Subject: [Ltru] Draft-4645bis-01 posted to Web site

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 16:53:18 -0700

I've uploaded draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-01 to my Web site in all three 
formats:

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-01.txt
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-01.html
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-01.xml

Included is a new Changes section, reproduced below:

   This memo is a new work, not an incremental update.  The procedure
   for populating the original Language Subtag Registry, specified by
   the earlier [RFC4646], is included by reference to [RFC4645].
   Therefore, no changes from [RFC4645] are listed in this section.

   Changes between draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-00 and this version are:

   o  Removed Comments fields of the form "replaced by ISO code xxx",
      which provided no additional information beyond the Preferred-
      Value field.

   o  Clarified that the included Registry contents are a complete
      replacement for the existing Registry, not a set of deltas.  (J.
      Cowan)

   o  Changed "included within" a macrolanguage to use "encompassed by"
      throughout.  (J. Cowan)

   o  Added explanation of special handling of subtag for Western
      Frisian.

   o  Provided better explanation for deprecation of "zh-min" in
      Section 2.4.  (J. Cowan)

   o  Added Changes and Acknowledgements sections.

I will post the whole draft (minus Registry contents) to the list if 
anyone wants it.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 06:09:27 +0200

> Changes between draft-ietf-ltru-4645bis-00 and this version are:
[...]

Apparently you've removed ME and RS, please re-insert these codes.

Is <http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/iso-dis-639-3_20060421.tab> still
up to date ?  It's rather old, oddities like zza-diq and zza-kiu 
might be already obsolete (i.e. you'd remove the prose about it).

Why did you keep frr near fy, but move frs ?  You wanted to sort
the language tags by length (of course that makes only sense for
lengths 2, 3, and 4), with that order I'd expect frr near frs.

Frank