Subject: [Ltru] Re: Scopes and types

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:00:02 -0700

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

>>> check if "foo" is a pure 639-3 subtag
> [...]
>> What is a pure subtag?
>
> A pure 639-3 subtag is something where the columns "Part1" and "Part2" 
> in iso-dis-639-3_20060421.tab are empty (or should be empty after the 
> next synchronization).

In other words, a subtag derived from one of the 7,000 code elements in 
ISO/FDIS 639-3 that is not present in ISO 639-2.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru