Subject: Re: [Ltru] Suppress-Script: fix registration description

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 19:46:55 -0700

Mark Davis <mark dot davis at icu dash project dot org> wrote:

> I agree about the contradiction, but disagree about the resolution. We 
> need to reserve the right to fix Suppress-Script when it is in error
> a) it is often very hard to find out reliable information about 
> particular languages.
> b) such information can be wrong the first time, and may require 
> fixing
> c) languages change over time; we've seen within our lifetimes 
> languages be written entirely in a script, and change to allowing 
> another script.

Then you actually agree about the resolution.  Martin had argued that 
Section 3.4, which allows Suppress-Script to be added or removed via 
registration, is what we wanted, and Section 3.5, which does not allow 
this, is not.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 20:40:51 -0700

My mistake, sorry!