Subject: [Ltru] Re: Errors in prototype 4646bis Registry

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:11:30 -0700

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

> Re the duplicate "Dimli", it would seem reasonable to me to employ the 
> same mechanism that 639-3 uses: "Dimli (macrolanguage)".

Kent Karlsson <kent dot karlsson14 at comhem dot se> replied:

> I still very much dislike a parenthetical "(macrolanguage)" (or 
> "(collection)" if that is the case, or "(individual)") in a name. 
> "Dimli languages" maybe, or use an alternate name for the 
> "macrolanguage" if one of the alternatives already refer more to the 
> "macrolanguage" (Zaza?) than the others, or similar would be 
> preferable. (But ok, not for LTRU to decide.)

Before we address this or any other specific case, we must agree on 
whether the Registry can deviate from names in the ISO standards.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru