Subject: [Ltru] Re: Yinglish (was: Is 639-3 bogus ?)

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 07:10:29 -0700

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

>> That is pure cherry-picking
>
> You could say the same about variant or alpha 5..8 language 
> registrations, somebody has to do the vetting.  Otherwise all in 
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Artistic_languages> could get 
> subtags.

No, "cherry-picking" has to do with selecting pieces from an external 
standard, usually while claiming to support the whole standard.  Setting 
the rules for our own registrations, and accepting some and rejecting 
others, is not the same thing.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru