Subject: [Ltru] Re: Great Script Debate "the Next Generation"...

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:40:49 -0700

Sorry to post again on this OT subject, but I wanted to correct my own 
misstatement.

I wrote:

>> en_US_POSIX. This is a bit tricky. POSIX is an artifical variant used 
>> to get the default "C" style for numbers, dates, etc. It'd be handy 
>> to get it registered, but I doubt that there are enough pragmatists 
>> on the ietf-languages group to get it done.
>
> ... you can definitely count me as one of the pragmatists in this 
> case.

What I meant was, you can count me as one of the "idealists" or 
"purists" (or pick your favorite opposite of "pragmatists") who does 
*not* want to register things in the LSR that are not for 
language-identification purposes.  The rest of my message should have 
made my position clear.  Sorry about the hasty and bogus reply.  I 
promise to leave this thread now.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru