Subject: [Ltru] CS comes back to hanut ISO 3166/MA again

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 06:22:57 -0800

ISO 3166/MA just released an update to ISO 3166-3 in which they had to 
bend their own rules to accommodate two identical "formerly used" code 
elements:

"This newsletter serves to rectify the ISO 3166-3 Newsletter No. I-4 
which assigned the code "CSHH" in accordance with subclause 5.1.2. 
However, the code "CSHH" was previously attributed to the entry of 
Czechoslovakia. Therefore, the ISO 3166 Maintenance Agency has agreed to 
assign the code "CSXX" to represent the former country name of Serbia 
and Montenegro."

Winder if they get the message now that reusing code elements is a bad 
idea?

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru