Subject: [Ltru] submitted draft-02

From: Addison Phillips <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 16:50:39 -0800

Since myriad edits have taken place, I have submitted draft-02. My home 
page has been updated:

   http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-02.html
   http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-02.txt
   http://www.inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-02.xml

There is also a link to the wdiff on the home page. Apologies to Safari 
users. Apparently the YUI library, which enables all the AJAX stuff on 
the page, makes the body of the page invisible (ick). Turning off JS 
should work.

Changes in this draft:

1. Modification of ABNF to deal with casing issues (or lack thereof). 
Includes insertion of text noting this.

2. Changed the reference to "fr-Latn-CA" to "sr-Latn-RS" or "az-Arab-IR"

3. Removed references to region code 'CS', replacing with references to 
'RS' (and renaming "Serbia and Montenegro" to "Serbia").

4. Repaired references to "well-formed" and "regular" in section 2.2.8.

OPEN ISSUE: This set of changes includes the "SHOULD" on checking 
repetition of singletons. At present several of us (Randy and myself, at 
least) favor retaining the MUST. Nonetheless, the editor text has this 
text at present. We can burn another integer to fix it.

5. Added to the end of Section 3.1.2 the text about possible future 
additions of fields, advising implementations to ignore them.

6. Added text making the first Description "correspond" to the Reference 
Name in ISO 639-3 for subtags of type 'language' and 'extlang'.

7. Added text suggesting (SHOULD) that the Official Doug remove 
duplicates and noting that other editing of Descriptions is permitted.

8. Added text to Section 3.2 noting that the Reviewer may delegate list 
moderation and clerical duties.

9. Added text to Section 3.5 noting that the ieft-languages list can be 
hosted by a third-party at the request of the IESG.

UNADDRESSED ITEMS:

The following are issues currently under discussion, but the editors are 
not in receipt of text or do not perceive consensus on including text to 
address them:

1. Inversion or uninversion of Description fields.
2. Addition of a new field for Reference-Names (vs. various permutations 
of Description handling).

If anything is missing, please reply on-list.

Addison

-- 
Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.

Internationalization is an architecture.
It is not a feature.

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru