Subject: [Ltru] Re: Proposals for changes to latest draft

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 22:47:46 -0800

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

>> Remember that once it goes into the registry, it is fixed, and we are 
>> stuck with any mistakes from then on.
>
> Actually not.  What the LSR sends to IANA is authoritative; if IANA 
> botches the update, IANA can fix it.

Indeed, this has already happened four times since the Registry went 
live in October 2005.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Fullerton, California, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Mark Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 00:08:39 -0800

And that's a bad thing, since if someone picks up a copy of the registry and
uses it in their software, glitches get propagated. Witness the infamous (in
our circle) 'jw', which resulted from a publication error.

Mark

-- 
Mark

---

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 17:48:19 +0900

Indeed bad news. But mistakes are always possible. Changing to
sending the whole registry won't make them go away completely.

Regards,     Martin.

At 17:08 07/03/06, Mark Davis wrote:
>And that's a bad thing, since if someone picks up a copy of the registry and uses it in their software, glitches get propagated. Witness the infamous (in our circle) 'jw', which resulted from a publication error. 
>
>Mark
>
>On 3/5/07, Doug Ewell <<mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]> wrote:

>>Indeed, this has already happened four times since the Registry went

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]