Subject: [Ltru] Proposal to add new tags to the 'irregular' production

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:34:43 -0500

Per Stephane Bortzmeyer's email, I propose adding the following
tags to the 'irregular' production:

	no-bok, no-nyn, zh-cmn, zh-cmn-Hans, zh-cmn-Hant,
	zh-gan, zh-min, zh-wuu, zh-yue

These tags are grandfathered, and all will be deprecated and replaced
in RFC 4645bis; however, they don't fit the new grammar.

The alternative would be to have tags which are valid but not well-formed,
which is unthinkable, or to allow a single level of extlangs purely for
the purpose of making these tags work.

-- 
At the end of the Metatarsal Age, the dinosaurs     John Cowan
abruptly vanished. The theory that a single         [email-masked]
catastrophic event may have been responsible        http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
has been strengthened by the recent discovery of
a worldwide layer of whipped cream marking the
Creosote-Tutelary boundary.             --Science Made Stupid
_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:55:22 -0800

Hi -

As a technical contributor...

> From: "John Cowan" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 8:34 AM
> Subject: [Ltru] Proposal to add new tags to the 'irregular' production
>

Would the latter alternative be more palatable for the other organizations
who had concerns about the removal of the extlang production?

Randy