Subject: [Ltru] WG Last Call for draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-17.txt

From: Martin Duerst <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 16:09:53 +0900

Dear LTRU WG members,

I herewith announce a one-week WG Last Call for
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-17.txt.

The Last Call starts immediately and ends on Sunday, Sept. 28, 2008,
24:00 Hawai'ian time (just to be precise and on the safe side).

Usually, WG Last Calls are two weeks, but this is not the first
WG Last Call. (In case anybody should really, really need an extension,
please contact me and Randy.)

Everybody please re-read the document, and tell us that you read
it, in particular also if you didn't find any issues.

Please make sure that you label all your Last Call comments clearly
as such, and that you propose precise new text wherever necessary.

Please restrict your comments to:
1) Very serious issues (i.e. stuff that you think you can't live
   with; although I seriously hope there won't be any such thing
   anymore)
2) Editorial issues, in particular typos,...

This hopefully will make sure that we can move on (i.e. handing this
document over to the IESG) quickly after the end of the Last Call.

Regards,    Martin.

P.S.: I appologize it took several days to get this message out.
      I was traveling over the last few days, and my Internet
      access over a mobile phone line worked fine except for the
      fact that the connection broke down when I tried to send
      email.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[email-masked]     

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:05:51 -0400

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 04:09:53PM +0900,
 Martin Duerst <[email-masked]> wrote 

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-4646bis-17.txt.

I've read and reviewed this draft.

I've also implemented it (v. 2 of Gabuzomeu
<http://www.bortzmeyer.org/gabuzomeu-parsing-language-tags.html>, not
yet shipped but you can ask me a copy).

I have no serious issues with the document and I believe it can sail.

I am not really happy with the solution for extlang ("ar-arz"
authorized but "arz" recommended) but I guess it is the same with
everyone: there is no good solution to this issue.

At least, being late allowed us to integrate ISO 639-5 :-)

A few editorial issues:

* 3.1.1 says "Each field is terminated by the newline sequence CRLF.
The text in each field MUST be in Unicode Normalization Form C (NFC)."
We could simplify the definition of the file format by just asking
"The text must be in the form defined by [RFC 5198], section 2."
Otherwise, we would need to add normative references to Unicode
documents and to RFC 3629.

* 3.7 says "Single-character subtags are assigned by IANA using the "IETF
Consensus" policy defined by [RFC2434]". The actual reference is now
RFC 5226 which dropped the propaganda term "IETF Consensus" in favor
of "IETF Review".

* may be adding an informative reference to http://www.langtag.net/?