Subject: [Ltru] Recent changes in ISO 639-3

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 21:18:45 -0600

New ISO 639-3 data files dated 2008-09-30 have been posted on the RA's 
Web site.

The only differences from the previous release are that O'chi'chi' (xoc) 
and Yalakalore (xyl) have been reclassified from "living" to "extinct." 
Since this information is not reflected in the proposed 4646bis 
Registry, there are no changes necessary to draft-4645bis to bring it up 
to "if this were approved today" status.

However, Joan Spanne of ISO 639-3/RA mentioned on the ietf-languages 
list that one code element is planned to be retired as a duplicate, and 
the list is currently debating some variant subtags and waiting out the 
review period for others, so there will be changes.  These won't 
necessitate a new draft at this stage, but I'll post clearly-marked 
updates to my draft-4645bis Web page when it becomes appropriate.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

_______________________________________________
Ltru mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru