Subject: [Ltru] [OT] Language icon

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 16:36:18 +0200

http://languageicon.org/

You have finally found the "language icon", the language icon is an
initiative to standardise language selection icon. [...]

...

When you create a multi-lingual web page, you are limited to use
flags, language names or iso codes. You did not have an option to use
an icon to signify "choose/select/switch language", as no such icon
existed.

---

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:50:32 -0400

> initiative to standardise language selection icon. [...]

It looks like an emoji symbol for the Arc de Triomphe.

-- 
While staying with the Asonu, I met a man from      John Cowan
the Candensian plane, which is very much like       [email-masked]
ours, only more of it consists of Toronto.          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
        --Ursula K. Le Guin, Changing Planes