Subject: [Ltru] Ticket #42: AD Issue #9: confusing future tense

From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 16:18:07 -0700

The AD commented:

--
AD review comment #9 from
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg12399.html

9).

    3.8. Update of the Language Subtag Registry

    Upon adoption of this document the IANA Language Subtag Registry will
    need an update so that it contains the complete set of subtags valid
    in a language tag. This collection of subtags, along with a
    description of the process used to create it, is described by
    [draft-4645bis]. IANA will publish the updated version of the
    registry described by this document using the instructions and
    content of [draft-4645bis].

(nit) I think both 4645bis and 4646bis should be published at the same time.
If this happens, then use of future tense in the published RFC would be
confusing and will not match the reality.

I suggest adding an RFC Editor note asking to fix this sentence.

    Once published by IANA, the maintenance
    procedures, rules, and registration processes described in this
    document will be available for new registrations or updates.
--

Proposed Resolution: 

Note that this is text only mildly modified from 4646. I inserted an RFC Editor note saying:

RFC Editor: please modify this paragraph upon publication to reflect the fact that RFC 4645bis has also been published (past tense).

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:51:34 -0700

Hi -

As co-chair:

We'll procede with the note to the RFC editor.
I've marked this issue closed.
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ltru/trac/ticket/42

Randy

----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
> To: "LTRU Working Group" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:18 PM
> Subject: [Ltru] Ticket #42: AD Issue #9: confusing future tense
>
> The AD commented:
>
> --
> _______________________________________________
> Ltru mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru