Subject: [Ltru] Ticket #44: AD Issue #11: informative reference to MIME

From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 15:36:13 -0700

The AD suggests:

--
AD review comment #11 from
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ltru/current/msg12399.html

11).

    4.2. Meaning of the Language Tag

    [...]

    o For information objects whose purpose is to provide alternatives,
    the associated language tags could be regarded as a hint that the
    content is provided in several languages and that one has to
    inspect each of the alternatives in order to find its language or
    languages. In this case, the presence of multiple tags might not
    mean that one needs to be multi-lingual to get complete
    understanding of the document. Example: MIME multipart/
    alternative.

I think this needs an informative reference to MIME.
--

Simple enough.

Proposed resolution:

Inserted an informative reference to RFC 2046.

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.
It is an architecture.

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:58:22 -0700

Hi -

As co-chair -

The proposed solution seems to be in line with the AD request and
earlier discussion (April 11-12) so we'll go with the added informative
reference and mark this one "closed".

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ltru/trac/ticket/44

Randy

----- Original Message ----- 
> From: "Phillips, Addison" <[email-masked]>
> To: "LTRU Working Group" <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 3:36 PM
> Subject: [Ltru] Ticket #44: AD Issue #11: informative reference to MIME
>

> _______________________________________________
> Ltru mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru