Subject: Re: [Ltru] Issue #52: Delete reference to RFC 2860 (Apps #5)

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 16:57:51 -0600

> 5). The citation of RFC 2860 in the first paragraph of Section 2.2 is
> improper. 2860 does not define IANA (which is considered a well-known
> abbreviation by the RFC Editor) or any of its properties that are
> relevant to this specific set of registries. So this reference is both
> improper and unnecessary.

Someone probably suggested this reference as a way of expanding the
abbreviation.  It's been there since RFC 3066.

--
Doug Ewell  *  Thornton, Colorado, USA  *  RFC 4645  *  UTN #14
http://www.ewellic.org
http://www1.ietf.org/html.charters/ltru-charter.html
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/ietf-languages  ˆ

---

From: "Martin J. Dürst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 10:28:17 +0900

Yes, it has been there since a long time. But I personally agree with 
the commenter that it should be removed if IANA is considered a 
well-known abbreviation (and I certainly consider IANA a well-known 
abbreviation in the context of the IETF, which includes this WGs work).

Regards,   Martin.

On 2009/05/25 7:57, Doug Ewell wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ltru mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru

-- 
#-# Martin J. Dürst, Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-# http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp   mailto:[email-masked]