Subject: [Ltru] Availability of 't' extension document and data

From: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:14:36 -0700

According to the IETF Datatracker, draft-davis-t-langtag-ext-07 ("BCP 47
Extension T - Transformed Content") has been approved by IESG and
forwarded to the RFC Editor queue.

The time a document normally spends in the RFC Editor queue varies
dramatically, and can be unexpectedly long (as BCP 47 veterans know),
but the RFC Editor FAQ notes that "Typical time to publish is 1-2
months."

Section 2.9 of draft-davis-t-langtag-ext-07 says, "The data and
specification will be available by the time this internet draft has been
approved.  The description field is in the process of being added to
CLDR."  The first sentence is repeated in Section 2.1.  This was an
ongoing concern of mine during the draft process, which was partially
addressed by including sample data in Section 2.9.

According to the CLDR "Releases/Downloads" page, Version 2.1 of CLDR is
scheduled to be released on February 1, 2012.  This is eight weeks from
now.

What is the likelihood that the data for the 't' extension actually will
be made available in time for RFC publication?

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14
www.ewellic.org | www.facebook.com/doug.ewell | @DougEwell

---

From: Mark Davis ☕ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 10:42:32 -0800

The editorial process for the RFCs involves the authors, so there is no
danger of that happening (and I've never seen it happen in less than 2
months anyway). So I wouldn't lose any sleep over this one, Doug.

Mark
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*
*
*
*
[https://plus.google.com/114199149796022210033]
*

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:14, Doug Ewell <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ltru mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ltru
>

---

From: "Randy Presuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:06:26 -0800

Hi -

> From: "Mark Davis ☕" <[email-masked]>
> To: "Doug Ewell" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 10:42 AM
> Subject: Re: [Ltru] Availability of 't' extension document and data
>
> danger of that happening

Yup.

> (and I've never seen it happen in less than 2
> months anyway).

It *can* go surprisinly fast, particularly if other standards-track
documents in the editor's queue depend on it for their normative
references.

> So I wouldn't lose any sleep over this one, Doug.

Agreed.  We're not dealing with automata.

Randy

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:28:39 -0700

> months anyway). So I wouldn't lose any sleep over this one, Doug.

Right now it's running around 6 weeks on average. In any case, this kind
of thing can be fixed during AUTH48.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/