Subject: [Lwip] "flow control" manipulation

From: "Thomas Richter (TCD - DE/Dresden)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 17:13:06 +0200

Hi,

I´m searching for a possibility to manipulate the "flow control" of TCP
data handling.
I know that there is the parameter "Window" in the TCP header (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol#TCP_segment_structure).

My task is to transport TCP data over Ethernet interface and there are
some needs to make an external flow control. In other words I get the
information that the receiver supports two states: "Receive Ready" (RR)
and "Receive Not Ready" (RNR).

If the state "RNR" occurs the other side of the Ethernet connection
needs this information and then it have to stop sending frames. Not
until the state "RR" arised then the data processing shall be continued.

For this I would using the parameter "window" in TCP header and set them
to 0 with lwIP. But what can I do to generate this?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards
Thomas