Subject: [Lwip] Question to the WG

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 16:11:45 +0200

Dear WG members,

On behalf of the authors of draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient, and as per
the suggestion of co-chair Zhen Cao during the LWIG meeting in Toronto, I
would like to ask the WG list a question on which should be the approach
for Section 3 of draft-ietf-lwig-energy-efficient.

Section 3 aims at describing the techniques used by low-power radio
technologies in order to save energy. Currently, the section comprises an
introduction and three subsections, which focus on 802.11v, Bluetooth Low
Energy and IEEE 802.15.4.

Our question is: should we try to be comprehensive and cover as many
technologies relevant to the IETF (e.g. those currently considered for
IPv6 support in the 6lo WG) as possible?  Or instead, should we provide a
few examples of specific technologies (as is currently in Section 3) and
try to summarize their most relevant and common aspects?

Please let us know your opinion on this question.

Thanks!

Carles