Subject: [magma] IPPM Multicast metrics measurement

From: STEPHAN Emile FTRD/DAC/LAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 17:33:54 +0200

Hi all,

I posted a draft for the measurement of the performance of multicast
networks. It defines specific metrics for the multicast using the IPPM WG
framework. It proposes a framework for the management of the measures and
for the management of the results of the measures using the IPPM MIB.

I would be glad to have feed backs especially on the following points:

	Is there a operationnal need to have end to end performance
measurement of multicast network ?
	Do the results of multicast metrics proposed in the draft help to
supervise the QOS of multicast services ?
	Do the spatial metrics proposed in the draft help to monitor
multicast networks ?
	Do the combination of these metrics permit to monitor the QOS of
multicast services and networks ?
	Does the mechanism used to setup the measurement conform to
multicast specifications ?
	Does the mechanism used to setup the measurement introduce security
holes ?
	Is there an interest to continue the effort to standardize metrics
for the multicast networks ?
	
Regards
Emile

references:

"IPPM Multicast metrics measurement"
	
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stephan-ippm-multicast-metrics-00.
txt. 
"IPPM measurement MIB" 
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-stephan-ippm-mib-02.txt
"IPPM REPORTING MIB presentation"
	http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/02mar/slides/ippm-1.pdf

PS: the draft has been posted 2 month ago and has not be annouced in the
multicast mailing list.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

        E. Stephan                       		Tel: (+ 33) 2 96 05
36 10
        France Telecom R&D, Dpt. CPN   	Fax: (+ 33) 2 96 05 18 52
        2 avenue Pierre Marzin              
        F-22307 Lannion cedex 
          mel: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----