Subject: [magma] (no subject)

From: "Lehtonen Rami" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:24:39 +0300

Hi all,
 
we have recently submitted our draft called "Multicast Control Protocol
(MCOP)" to the IETF and now we are looking for working group comments.
The draft can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lehtonen-magma-mcop-00.txt
 
Abstract

In IP multicast all hosts that join a multicast group (*, G) or (S, G)
can receive the multicast traffic. This draft adds possibility to
selectively enable multicast receiving and sending by introducing
Multicast Control Protocol (MCOP). MCOP is used between multicast
control agent (MCA) and routers that have directly connected multicast
sources or receivers. The receiver and source control is done by MCOP
enabled routers based on the information received from the MCA. MCOP
enabled routers filter IGMP/MLD reports and multicast packets before
they reach the IGMP/MLD processing layer or multicast routing stack of
the router. MCOP is independent of multicast routing protocols.

Regards,
 
Rami Lehtonen

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: IZUTSU Kaori <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:43:27 +0900

Hi, all

 We have submitted our draft "IGMP for user Authentication Protocol " .
This draft is opened to the public below.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-andou-igmp-auth-01.txt

 It is expanded to authenticate users , based on IGMPv2, and we assume
using, when watching and listening to the broadband contents by IP multicast.
 We are going to implement it in a switch.

 Please give us any comment on this draft.

Thank you
Kaori Izutsu
--------------------------------------
Kaori  Izutsu
Access Network Service Systems Laboratories,NTT
1-6 Nakase Mihama-ku,Chibashi,Chiba,Japan
TEL +81-43-211-2132 FAX +81-43-211-7493