Subject: [magma] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-magma-snoop-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 06:10:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Considerations for IGMP and MLD snooping switches
	Author(s)	: M. Christensen, K. Kimball
	Filename	: draft-ietf-magma-snoop-03.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2002-11-4
	
This memo describes the requirements for IGMP and MLD snooping
switches. The requirements for IGMPv2 snooping switches are based
on best current practices. IGMPv3 and MLDv2 snooping are also cov-
ered in this draft although we are not aware of any such implemen-
tations at the time of writing.
Note that IGMP snooping is related only to IPv4 multicast. Other
multicast packets, such as IPv6, might be suppressed by the snoop-
ing functionality if additional care is not taken in the implemen-
tation.  It is desired not to restrict the flow of non-IPv4 multi-
casts other than to the degree which would happen as a result of
regular bridging functions. The same note can be made of MLD snoop-
ing switches with respect to suppression of IPv4.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-snoop-03.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-magma-snoop-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-magma-snoop-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.