Subject: [magma] Protocol Action: Source Address Selection for Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol (RFC 2710) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 05:35:55 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Source Address Selection for 
Multicast Listener Discovery Protocol (RFC 2710)' 
<draft-ietf-magma-mld-source-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard. This 
document is the product of the Multicast & Anycast Group Membership 
Working Group. The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Erik 
Nordmark.

Technical Summary
   
The neighbor discovery specification allows using the unspecified
address as source for certain MLD messages but this is not captured 
in the MLD specification. This document updates the MLD specification
with source address rules that are consistent with neighbor discovery.
   
Working Group Summary
   
There was WG consensus to advance this document.
   
Protocol Quality
   
The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Erik Nordmark.

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma