Subject: [magma] Questions about IGMP snooping

From: Koen Vermeulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:03:55 +0100

Hello all,

I have been reading 'draft-ietf-magma-snoop-10.txt' and have some questions
concerning this document:

1. Somewhere in this document is mentioned that the snooping switch 
shouldn't
rely exclusively on the appearance of  'leave' messages. It is mentioned 
that a
membership timeout mechanism such as the router-side functionality of 
the IGMP
protocol should be implemented. This timeout value should be configurable.

This is not completely clear for me. Is this implying that the switch 
should also
send 'queries', like a router is doing? Or do we rely on the 'queries' 
sent by the
router? This would mean that the timeout value must be configured the same
as on the router.

2. When do we consider a router as being dead? In the document, I can't find
any reference to a value like this.

Thanks,
Koen

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma