Subject: [magma] MSNIP version 05.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 11:30:22 +0100

Hi,

Some minor comments on MSNIP:

1) statemachine in section 6: transition from "Hold" to "No Info" on
event "stop manage". Figure 1 says "start all registered" while the
table says "stop all registered". I assume the figure is correct,
and the table is not?

2) section 11 (proxy): "The address range to be included in the SSM
range option MUST be determined by MRD and IGMP ....". Why is IGMP
here mentioned explicetly? Are there other IGMP messages that are
needed besides of MRD messages to determine the SSM range? 

regards,

Stefaan

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:07:14 -0800

Stefaan,

Thanks for the comments. The current draft is out of date as far as
the SSM range determination is concerned. We resubmitted it because it
had timed out. The next revision will update that section.
The MRD protocol has been adopted by MAGMA and is being updated. The
current thinking is that it will no longer provide a TLV capability.
The MRD-SSM spec will probably be obsoleted and MSNIP for IPv4 will be
made to work in the well known SSM range.
An announcement mechanism to advertise MSNIP capability is still
needed. A new IGMP message with a TLV format to announce router
capabilities is being investigated.

thanks
Isidor

---

From: Isidor Kouvelas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:07:14 -0800

Stefaan,

thanks
Isidor