Subject: [magma] Forwarding packets by IGMP Proxy

From: Srilatha <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:27:57 +0530

Hi,

I have some basic doubt related to multicast data packets forwarding in 
case of IGMP Proxy.

In Linux, How does IGMP Proxy forwards multicast data packets actually?

Does IGMP Proxy need to add multicast routes in kernel like a multicast 
router does or
IGMP Proxy itself makes routing decision based on Membership information it 
has and duplicates the packet (if necessary) and sends it to appropriate 
interfaces

regards,
Srilatha

_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:39:35 -0800

> In Linux, How does IGMP Proxy forwards multicast data packets actually?

I'm not specifically familliar with Linux, but...

> router does

Yes.

  Bill