Subject: [magma] Issues in Igmpv3 Snooping switch.

From: Ramrao Deshpande <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:42:02 +0530

Hi All,

How to handle following scenarios in IGSv3 snooping switch

IGMPv3 Report message is received and contains three group record

GR1 igmp join to multicast address G1
GR2 igmp leave to multicast address G2
GR3 igmpv3 current state record for G3

In the above case whether report message should be sent router port or it 
can be discarded?

2. Interface is enabled with "Fast Leave"  but that interface contains 
following hosts 

Host1-->IGMPv1 host joined to group G1
Host2-->IGMPv2 host joined to group G1
Host3-->IGMPv3 is sending leave message(state change record) to G1

Whether the interface to be pruned because there is a leave message 
coming? or any other method to handle it.

Thanks and regards,

Ramrao G Deshpande

***********************  Aricent-Unclassified   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
magma mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/magma

---

From: Dan Schaffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:23:01 -0400

Hello Ramrao,
I'm not an v3 expert, but I believe in the first scenario it would need to 
be forwarded to the router port, based on the information in the Report 
message.

Regards,
Dan

RBU Automation Systems
Product & Solution Engineering
Phoenix Contact Development & Manufacturing Inc.
Office : 717-944-1300 ext: 3314
[email-masked]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender immediately.

Ramrao Deshpande <[email-masked]> 
05/18/2007 09:12 AM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
[magma] Issues in Igmpv3 Snooping switch.

Hi All, 

1.      IGMPv3 Report message is received and contains three group record

Thanks and regards, 

Ramrao G Deshpande 

***********************  Aricent-Unclassified   *********************** 
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely 
for the use of 
the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or 
confidential information and should not be 
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If 
you have received this message in error, 
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended 
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly
prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of 
this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility for 
loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this 
email including damage from virus."