Subject: [magma] Regarding IGMPProxy stream receiving time gap after join

From: Ganesh Reddy K <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:42:54 +0530

Regarding IGMPProxy :---

                                           Upstream
            Downstream
H1 -------------------------------------  eth0 IGMPProxy eth2
-------------------------------------- H2
multicastsend
                                                    multicastrecv

UDP -->
                                                      <---- JOIN

With the above setup.

Started pumping UDP stream  from H1 to group 239.0.0.0/5000.

After sending the IGMP JOIN on H2 side (to Grp 239.0.0.0), UDP stream
started receiving properly to the port 5000.

But it is observed that, udp stream is not recieved immediately to H2,
it is taking 2 to 3 seconds some times, it is taking 4 to 6 seconds
also.

I hope that IGMPProxy implementation will add the Route in MFC,
whenver it receives CACHE_MISS event and matches the JOIN database.

In IGMP General queries sent, "Max Response Time" field is set to 1 second.

Any better approach to avoid  delayed stream

Thanks in advance
Ganesh