Subject: Re: ACM/IEEE Mobile Networking & Computing Conference 1998

From: "Dr. C-K Toh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:08:16 -0800

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

        Fourth IEEE Mobile Networking & Computing Conference, 1998

                         October 25-30, 1998                

			    Dallas, Texas

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

                         Call For Papers

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAPERS

Technical papers

Technical papers describing previously unpublished, original, completed
research, not currently under review by another conference, journal, are
solicited on topics at the link layer and above. Possible topics include but
are not limited to:

   * Applications and computing services supporting mobile users
   * Network architectures, protocols or service algorithms to cope with
     mobility, limited bandwidth, or intermittent connectivity
   * Design and analysis of algorithms for mobile environments
   * Security, scalability and reliability for mobile/wireless systems
   * Performance of mobile/wireless networks and systems
   * Data management in mobile computing
   * Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks
   * Influence of lower layers on the design and performance of higher
     layers
   * Mobile network protocols
   * Mobile computing
   * Mobile agents
   * Power management
   * Wireless multimedia systems
   * Satellite communication
   * Location-dependent applications
   * Distributed system aspects of mobile systems
   * Adaptive applications interfaces for mobile systems
   * Architectures of mobile/wireless networks and systems
   * Traffic integration for mobile applications

All papers will be refereed by the program committee. Accepted papers will
be published in the conference proceedings. Papers of particular merit will
be selected for publication in the ACM/Baltzer journals Wireless Networks
(WINET) and Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO SUBMIT:

All paper submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should E-mail
a PostScript version of their full paper to [email-masked]. This
E-mail address will become operational by March 1, 1998. In order to ensure
that the PostScript versions of the papers can be printed, authors should be
careful that their papers meet the following restrictions:

   * PostScript version 2 or later.
   * No longer than 15 pages.
   * Fits properly on "US Letter" size paper (8.5X11 inches)
   * Reference only Computer Modern or standard Adobe printer fonts (i.e.
     Courier, Times, Roman, or Helvetica); other fonts may be used but must
     be included in the PostScript file.

In addition, authors should separately E-mail the title, author names and
full address, and abstract of their paper to the Program Chairs: Magda El
Zarki at [email-masked] and Arvind Krishna at [email-masked]. All
submitted papers will be judged based on their quality through double-blind
reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld from the
reviewers. Authors’ names should not appear on the paper or in the
PostScript file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TUTORIALS:

Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation of proposals will be based
on the expertise and experience of the instructors, and on the relevance of
the subject matter. Potential instructors are requested to submit a tutorial
proposal at most 5 pages, including a biographical sketch, to the Tutorial
Chair: S. Venkatesan at [email-masked].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

PANELS:

Panels are solicited that examine innovative, controversial, or otherwise
provocative issues of interest. Panel proposals should not exceed 3 pages,
including biographical sketches of the panelists. Potential panel organizers
should contact the Publicity Chair: Tom McDermott at
[email-masked].

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

STUDENT PARTICIPATION:

Papers with student as a primary author will be considered for a cash award
of $500 US Dollars for the best student paper competition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT DATES:

SUBMISSIONS DUE: April 21, 1998

NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: JULY 14, 1998

CAMERA-READY VERSION DUE: AUGUST 22, 1998

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

		More Info: www.mobicom98.utdallas.edu

----------------------------------------------------------------------------