Subject: First Workshop on Wireless Broadband Testbeds (DEMO'98)

From: "Andrew T.Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 20:24:24 -0700

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

       First Workshop on Wireless Broadband Testbeds (DEMO'98)	
	
             	 Berlin, Germany, October 15, 1998

		http://comet.columbia.edu/demo98/

			A MoMuC Workshop
	Sponsored by the European Commission*, NOKIA and 
    Center for Telecommunications Research, Columbia University
	In co-operations with ACM SIGMOBILE (pending)

SCOPE

The First Workshop on Wireless Broadband Testbeds
(DEMO'98) will be held on October 15, 1998 in Berlin, Germany.
The workshop will be co-located with the 5th International
Workshop on Mobile Multimedia Communications, MoMuC'98.
The objective of the workshop is to demonstrate operational
state-of-the-art wireless broadband prototypes and testbeds,
including wireless ATM systems, high speed wireless LANs and
next generation cellular systems. 

As the demand for mobile broadband services grows, wireless
extensions to existing broadband and Internet technologies will
be required to support the delivery of voice, video and data to
mobile terminals with high quality. New mobile and wireless
services will include Internet access to interactive multimedia
content, video conferencing and real-time data services and as
well as traditional services such as voice, email and web access. 

DEMO'98 offers a unique forum for the demonstration of
state-of-the-art wireless broadband prototypes. The workshop
will be single-track bringing together researchers, developers and
practitioners working on the development of next-generation
wireless networks, services and applications. 

SUBMISSION

Researchers are invited submit a short (3 page) outline of the
system to be demonstrated. To qualify, a prototype should be
capable of demonstrating multimedia services (including
voice, video and data) over a broadband wireless interface.
The event is intended for non-commercial systems. Presenters
will have an opportunity to make a workshop presentation
outlining the key design features of their system, and
demonstrate their prototype in an adjoining area. Material
from workshop presentations will be published as
proceedings of DEMO'98. 

An outline of the system to be demonstrated should sent
electronically to [email-masked]

- Submission Deadline: June 8, 1998 
- Notification of Acceptance: July 12, 1998 
- Presentation material: August 14, 1998

COMMITTEE

Andrew T. Campbell, Columbia U., US (Co-Chair) 
Hakan Mitts, Nokia Telecomm's, SE (Co-Chair) 
Adam Wolisz, Technical U. of Berlin, Germany 
Bharghavan Vaduvur, UIUC, US
D. Raychaudhuri, NEC, Princeton, US 
Jan Kruys, Lucent, Netherlands 
John Porter* , ORL, UK 
Masahiro Umehira , NTT, Japan 
Naftali Chayat, BreezeCom, US 
Olle Viktorsson, Ericsson, SE

* to be confirmed