Subject: Internet-Draft on CEDAR

From: Siva Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 04:13:54 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,
	We have submitted an Internet-Draft on CEDAR (Core Extraction
	Distributed Ad hoc Routing), a protocol for QoS routing in 
	ad hoc networks. A copy of the draft is enclosed as an attachment 		
	to this mail. A copy of the draft is also available at 
	
	http://www.timely.crhc.uiuc.edu/Papers/cedar.draft98.txt

	The draft presents CEDAR, a Core-Extraction Distributed  Ad hoc Routing 
	algorithm for QoS routing in ad hoc network environments. CEDAR has 
	three  key components: (a)  the establishment and maintenance of a 
	self-organizing	routing infrastructure, called the "core", for 	
	performing route computations,  (b)  the propagation of the link-state 
	of stable high-bandwidth links in the core  through "increase/decrease" 
	waves, and  (c) a QoS route computation algorithm  that is executed at 
	the core nodes using only locally available state.
	
	We welcome your comments on the draft.
	
Thanks
Sivakumar