Subject: Final Call for Participation: MobiCom'98

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 1998 00:37:29 -0400

MobiCom'98, the Fourth Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile
Computing and Networking, begins in just over 2 weeks, but there is still
time to make plans to attend.  This conference, the fourth of an annual
series, serves as the premier international forum addressing networks,
systems, algorithms, and applications that support the symbiosis of mobile
computers and wireless networks.

The MobiCom'98 technical program features the presentation of 27 excellent
papers, selected after detailed review from over 130 worldwide submissions.
In addition, the program includes 2 panel sessions during the conference:

 - Security in Mobile Systems
 - Proxy Based Networking vs. End-to-End Networking 

plus 5 tutorials before the conference:

 - Mobile IP: Adding Mobility to the Internet
 - Overview of 3rd Generation of Wireless Networks
 - Client/Server Computing in Wireless and Mobile Environments
 - TCP for Wireless and Mobile Hosts
 - Wireless Ad Hoc Networking

and 3 workshops after the conference:

 - Second International Workshop on Discrete Algorithms and Methods for
   Mobile Computing and Communications
 - First International Workshop on Wireless Mobile Multimedia
 - Third International Workshop on Satellite-Based Information Services

Overall, MobiCom'98 offers an outstanding and exciting conference on the
cutting edge of mobile computing and networking.

The conference is being held October 25-30, 1998, in Dallas, Texas.  The
tutorials are October 25-26 and the workshops are October 30.  The
conference hotel is the Omni Dallas Hotel Park West, and rooms during the
conference are still available.  The conference is sponsored by ACM
SIGMOBILE, in co-operation with ACM SIGCOMM and IEEE Communications
Society.

For more information on MobiCom'98, see the conference web pages at

    http://www.mobicom98.utdallas.edu/