Subject: Call for Tutorial Proposals: Mobicom '99

From: "Krishna M. Sivalingam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 13:07:32 -0800 (PST)

Dear Colleague,

First, please accept our apologies if you receive this multiple times.

Please find enclosed a Call for Tutorial Proposals for Mobicom '99,
(http://mobicom99.research.microsoft.com) which will be held in
Seattle on August 15-19, 1999.

We strongly encourage you to fill out the questionairre at
(http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~krishna/mobicom99/mobiquiz99.html) to let us
know of your interests in Mobicom '99 tutorial topics.  This will help
us provide you with an excellent quality Tutorial program.

We invite you to visit the Mobicom '99 Tutorial page
(http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~krishna/mobicom99/index.html) for more
information about tutorial submissions.
Tutorial proposals are due by Jan. 15, 1999.

ACM/IEEE MobiCom conference is possibly the most prestigious
international computer science conference in the area of mobile
computing and communications.  It regularly attracts contributions and
attendance from world-renowned researchers and practitioners in the
field.  It is a single track technical conference that gets about
300-350 attendees and is generally held over a 5 day period. The
review process is highly selective, and the final program usually
counts many excellent papers.

The General Call for Papers for Mobicom '99 is available at
(http://mobicom99.research.microsoft.com)

Sincerely,
Michele Zorzi and Krishna Sivalingam
Tutorial Co-Chairs, Mobicom '99 Committee

==========================================================================

              Call For Tutorial Proposals and Recommendations
                                      
                                MobiCom '99
                                      
The Fifth Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking
                                      
                            August 17 - 19, 1999
                      (Tutorials on August 15 and 16)
                                      
                          Seattle, Washington, USA
                                      
        Technically Co-sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society
    In cooperation with ACM SIGCOMM, SIGOPS, SIGMETRICS, and SIGMOD; the
                 USENIX Association; the IEICE; and the IEE
                                      
       URL for MobiCom '99 : http://mobicom99.research.microsoft.com
                                      
Please help us in providing you an excellent quality tutorial program
      by spending a few minutes filling out the QUESTIONNAIRE at
     (http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/~krishna/mobicom99/mobiquiz99.html)
      (Previous MobiCom attendees' input is especially welcome)
   _____________________________________________________________________
                                      
                             Tutorial Co-Chairs
                                      
                      Michele Zorzi	Krishna Sivalingam
               Universit di Ferrara	Washington State U.
                              Italy	U.S.A.
   _____________________________________________________________________

GENERAL INFORMATION: Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation
of proposals will be based on the expertise and experience of the
instructors, and on the relevance of the subject matter. Potential
instructors are requested to submit a tutorial proposal of at most 5
pages, including a biographical sketch, to the Tutorial Co-Chairs,
Michele Zorzi ([email-masked]) and Krishna Sivalingam
([email-masked]) by January 15, 1999.
                                      
____________________________________________________________________________

                WHAT TO SEND		   IMPORTANT DATES
1. Title and  contact information	   Submissions due: January 15, 1999
2. Outline of materials to be presented    Notification of acceptance:
						       April 5, 1999
3. Description of potential audience
4. Why the proposed topic is interesting and timely 
5. Biographical sketch  of the presenter(s)
6. List of prior tutorials presented
                                      
____________________________________________________________________________

WHERE TO SEND: We strongly encourage proposal submissions in
electronic format (postscript or ASCII text format) to one of the two
addresses below.  Hardcopies may be sent if electronic submission is
not possible. Please DO NOT SEND any PC or MAC attachments.

    Michele Zorzi		      Krishna Sivalingam
    [email-masked]		      [email-masked]
    Dept. of ECE 0407		      School of Elect. Engg. & Computer Science
    University of California, 
	       San Diego              Washington State University
    La Jolla, CA 92093-0407	      Pullman, WA 99164-2752
				      Tel: +1 509 335-3220
    Fax: +1 619 534-1483	      Fax: +1 509 335-3818
                                      
____________________________________________________________________________