Subject: JPDc Special Issue on Mobile Computing

From: Sajal Das <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:51:57 -0600 (CST)

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting a paper to this special issue.
I would also appreciate it if you could announce the CFP
among your colleagues and/or students.

Thanks in advance,

Sajal Das

* =================================================================== *
* Professor Sajal K. Das, Director                                    *
* Center for Research in Wireless Computing (CReW)                    *
* Department of Computer Science                  Tel: (940) 565-4256 *
* University of North Texas                       Fax: (940) 565-2799 *
* P.O. Box 311366                              E-mail: [email-masked] *
* Denton, TX 76203-1366                    http://www.cs.unt.edu/~das *
* USA                                      http://www.cs.unt.edu/crew *
* =================================================================== *

             !!!!!!! CALL FOR PAPERS !!!!!!!!

      Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing
                   Special Issue  on
     WIRELESS AND MOBILE COMPUTING AND COMMUNICATIONS
             (Publication Date: January 2000)

Wireless technology provides infrastructures to link portable computers
to corporate distributed computing systems and other sources of necessary 
information. The goal is to enable a multitude of users at any place 
access information from anywhere at any time. Efforts are also underway 
to explore new technology for wireless multimedia applications and 
personnel communication services (PCS) in a mixed wireline and wireless 
network environment. Clearly, the emerging field of mobile computing and 
communications has the potential to dramatically change the society as 
workers become untethered from their information sources.

Papers are solicited for a special issue of the Journal of Distributed 
Computing (JPDC) on Wireless and Mobile Computing and Communications,
with particular emphasis on distributed computing with mobile 
communications capability. Topics of interest include, but not limited to:

* Mobile communications network architectures and protocols
* Bandwidth and tele-traffic hot spot management 
* Data management and mobility management for wireless networks 
* Synchronization and scheduling issues in mobile computing
* Wireless multimedia and quality of service (QoS) 
* Performance modeling of wireless networks 
* Parallel/distributed algorithms for mobile computing systems 
* Highway and location independent information systems 
* Applications of wireless and mobile computing and communications
  (distributed databases, wireless Internet and WWW, 
  simulation of wireless networks, etc.)  

Papers must be unpublished and must not be submitted elsewhere for 
publications. Authors are encouraged to submit papers in electronic 
form (postscript only) to either Guest Editors: Prof. Azzedine Boukerche 
([email-masked]) and Prof. Sajal K. Das ([email-masked]), by 
JANUARY 15, 1999. Five copies of manuscripts may also be submitted 
to the following address.

Each submission must accompany a short abstract, names of authors and 
their affiliations (e-mail addresses, telephone and fax numbers), and 
a contact person for correspondence. 
Editorial decisions will be made by AUGUST 15, 1999. 

GUEST EDITORS:

Azzedine Boukerche  and  Sajal K. Das 
Center for Research in Wireless Computing (CReW)
Department of Computer Science        
University of North Texas            
P.O. Box 311366                    
Denton, TX 76203-1366, USA      

Tel: (940) 565-2804, (940) 565-4256 
Fax: (940) 565-2799                    
E-mail: [email-masked] , [email-masked]