Subject: OPNET simulation model for ad-hoc network

From: Vishal Kothari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:21:41 -0500

Has anyone done any simulations for ad-hoc network using the OPNET simulation package?

Thank you in advance

Vishal Kothari
University of Toronto

---

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 18:07:11 -0500

>Has anyone done any simulations for ad-hoc network using the OPNET
simulation package?

NRL has investigated mobile wireless, cluster-based routing within an
OPNET-based models since 1993.  I centers around Dr. Dennis Baker, et al,
work based upon cluster-based designs conceived in the mid-80s.  These
models were largely mobile, multi-hop ad-hoc subnetworks approaches and not
at the IP layer.

As far as manet related protocols go, I know that Vince Park's early TORA
investigations versus ideal link state (ILS) were done in OPNET.

I know that some others are working with OPNET and manet protocols but
would rather they speak up on those particular details if they wish.

Hope this helps..
-joe

---

From: Rajesh Talpade <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 18:31:10 -0500 (EST)

We have done an OPNET simulation of our AMRoute protocol. It uses 
the TORA model (from Scott Corson's group) for underlying unicast 
support.

For further info about the AMRoute simulation, contact 
Mingyan Liu ([email-masked]).

Rajesh.

-- 
Rajesh R. Talpade    [email-masked]   973 829-{4261, 5888(fax)}
Research Scientist, Bellcore, 445, South St, Morristown, NJ-07960