Subject: CFP: IWGC'99

From: Sandeep Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 07:58:11 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I am sorry if you've received this CFP multiple times.

Regards
Sandeep

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
         International Workshop on Group Communication (IWGC'99)
                          in conjunction with
    28th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP'99)
                   Aizu, Japan, September 21-24, 1999

Parallel and distributed applications greatly benefit from
availability of group communication primitives such as broadcast and
multicast. The guarantees such as reliability and total ordering
provided by these primitives help in simplifying design of parallel and
distributed systems. This workshop will concentrate on all aspects of
group communication.  The main objective of this workshop is to bring
together researchers working on group communication protocols on
emerging networks such as mobile ad hoc networks for applications such
as multimedia and collaborative applications. Topics of
interest include (but are not limited to):

 - Reliable collective communication
 - Flexible and wide-area group communication
 - Multicast routing
 - Connection-oriented group communication
 - Real-time/multimedia multicast
 - Group membership protocols
 - Fault-tolerant group communication in NOW and mobile (dynamic) networks
 - QoS multicast delivery
 - Application of group communication such as WWW data delivery, video 
   conferencing etc.
 - Performance analysis and benchmarking

We seek papers that describe ongoing or completed research and
development efforts. Submissions must not exceed 10 pages in length. 
The accepted papers will be published in a workshop proceedings.

Important Dates:
   Submission Deadline:        Feb. 1, 1999
   Notification of Acceptance: May 15, 1999
   Camera-ready Copies:        June 15, 1999

Submission Guidelines: Please send a PostScript or PDF copy of your
papers, at most 10 pages (about 5000 words) in length, to
[email-masked].  Please send a separate mail containing the
title, name of all authors, abstract, and corresponding author's email
and phone number to [email-masked].  All papers will be
refereed by the program committee.  Accepted papers will be published
by IEEE Computer Society Press as proceedings of the ICPP'99
workshops.

Advisory Committee

Imrich Chlamtac, Univ. of Texas at Dallas, USA
Dhableshwar K. Panda, Ohio State Univ., USA
Kang Shin, Univ. of Michigan, USA
Pradip Srimani, Colorado State Univ, USA

Workshop Chair

 Sandeep Gupta, Colorado State University, USA

Program Committee

B. R. Badrinath, Rutgers University, USA
Tracy Camp, Colorado School of Mines, USA         
Mario Gerla, Univ. of California Los Angles (UCLA), USA 
Arun Iyengar, IBM T. J. Watson, USA                  
Kyungsook Y. Lee, University of Denver (USA)          
Jun Matsuda, ATR Adaptive Communications Research Laboratories Japan
Philip K. McKinley, Michigan State Univeristy (USA)   
Sanjoy Paul, Bell Labs (US)                
Ravi Prakash, Univ. of Texas at Dallas    
Cauligi S. Raghavendra, Aerospace Corporation, USA 
Loren Schwiebert, Wayne State Univ., USA   
Makoto Takizawa, Tokyo Denki Univ. (Japan) 
Yu-chee Tseng, National Central Univeristy, Taiwan  
Zhi-Li Zhang, University of Minnesota (USA)