Subject: CFP: HICSS-34 - Minitrack-1: Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

From: "Silvia Giordano - ICA EPFL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 18:12:44 +0200

Please apologize, if you receive multiple copies of this CfP

			<bigger><bold>CALL FOR PAPERS

</bigger></bold>		

The Software Technology Track

		34th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences   (HICSS-34)

		Maui, Hawaii, January 3-6, 2001

<bigger><bold>Minitrack-1:  Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

</bigger></bold>		

Mobile ad hoc networking is an emerging technology that supports 
self-organizing, mobile networking infrastructures. The technology enables an 
autonomous system of mobile nodes, which can operate in isolation or be 
connected to the greater Internet. A Mobile ad-hoc network is a system of 
wireless mobile nodes dynamically self-organising in arbitrary and temporary 
network topologies. Mobile ad hoc networks (Manets) are designed to operate in 
widely varying environments, from military networks with hundreds of nodes to 
applications of low-power sensor networks and other embedded systems. Before 
Manet technology can be easily deployed, however, improvements must be made in 
such areas as: wireless technologies, location and configuration management, 
addressing and routing, interoperability, and security.

We encourage papers on topics including, but not limited to the following: 

  resource and information management, 

  self-organising network architectures and protocols, 

  Routing in ad hoc networks 

  GPS based addressing and routing. 

  experimental and prototype results, 

  analysis and simulation of mobile networking protocols, 

  power management, 

  wireless local area networks 

  Multiple access schemes 

  security and authentication, 

  scalability for mobile ad-hoc networks 

The web version of the CFP of the minitrack is available at:

http://lrcwww.epfl.ch/~giordano/manet.html

<bold><bigger>MiniTrack Coordinators 

</bold></bigger>

Marco Conti

National Research Council,  CNUCE Intitute

CNR Area della Ricerca, Via V. Alfieri, 1

56010 Ghezzano, Pisa, Italy

[email-masked]

FAX: +39 050 3138092/91

Silvia Giordano

Department of Communication Systems 

Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne

CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)

[email-masked]

FAX: +41 21 6936610

<bold><bigger>Important Deadlines in 2000 

</bold></bigger>

       Manuscript by June 1 

       Notification of accepted papers by August 31 

       Camera-ready copies of accepted manuscripts are due by October 1

<bigger><bold>Instructions for the Authors</bigger></bold>

Submit the full manuscript by June 1, 2000.

Manuscripts should have an abstract and be 22-25 typewritten, double-spaced 
pages in length. Electronic submission is strongly encouraged. Papers must not 
have been previously presented or published, nor currently submitted for 
journal publication. Each manuscript will be subjected to a rigorous 
refereeing process. Individuals interested in refereeing papers should contact 
the minitrack coordinators directly.

This minitrack is organized as part of the Software Technology Track of

the 34th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. The web

version of the CFP of the entire software track is available at:

http://cs.unomaha.edu/~rewini/CFP-h34.html 

		Regards,

 	               silvia

----------------------------------------------------------------------

                                    Silvia Giordano - ICA-EPFL

                                   CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)

                              Tel: +41 21 6936748  FAX: +41 21 6936610

                                     E-Mail: [email-masked]

                                WWW: http://icawww.epfl.ch/~giordano

----------------------------------------------------------------------

           ........I need one flaw to be perfect........

----------------------------------------------------------------------