Subject: CFP: IEEE Communications Magazine - FT on Challenges in Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

From: "Silvia Giordano - ICA EPFL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:09:45 +0200

Please apologize, if you receive multiple copies of this CfP

                            Call for Papers

                    IEEE Communications Magazine

                           Feature Topic on 

		  Challenges in Mobile Ad-hoc Networking

	     Guest Editors: Silvia Giordano and Willie W. Lu
		
The focus of this Feature Topic is to identify, present and analyse the 
theoretical and implementation issues critical as well as the
challenges to the design and deployment of mobile ad-hoc networks.   
A Mobile ad-hoc network is a system of wireless mobile nodes
dynamically self-organising in temporary and arbitrary network
topologies. Mobile ad hoc networks are based on self-organising,
mobile networking infrastructures, and can operate in isolation or be
connected to the greater Internet.
Examples of applications of the ad hoc networking technology vary from
military operations to disaster relief during natural catastrophes,
Consequently, mobile ad hoc networks can have extremely different
sizes, which can range from few nodes up to some millions.

Contributions are solicited topics including, but not limited to: 

  Routing in ad hoc networks,

  GPS based addressing and routing for mobile ad-hoc networks, 

  self-organising network architectures and protocols, 

  scalability issues and scalable protocols for mobile ad-hoc networks,

  emerging technologies for mobile ad-hoc networks,

  mobile ad-hoc networks and Internet,

  applications of mobile ad-hoc networks,

  MAC protocols for mobile ad-hoc networks,

  mobile ad-hoc networks experiments and prototypes, 

  analysis and simulation of mobile networking protocols, 

  power management in mobile ad-hoc networks, 

  resource and information management for mobile ad-hoc networks, 

  security and authentication for mobile ad-hoc networks, 

  wireless and mobile local area networks.

Submission Guidelines: 

Submissions should include a cover page with authors' names,
affiliations, addresses, fax and phone numbers, and email
addresses. Please submit full papers, not previously published or
submitted for publication elsewhere to one of the guest editors
electronically (postscript, pdf or MS Word). Please also send a
separate email with authors' names, addresses, fax and telephone
numbers, title and abstract of the paper. Hard copies should be sent
only if electronic submission is not possible. 

Guest Editors: 

Willie W. Lu
SIEMENS
1730 North First Street
M/S 14303
San Jose, CA 95112, U.S.A
[email-masked]
FAX: +1 408 501 2403

Silvia Giordano
Department of Communication Systems 
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)
[email-masked]
FAX: +41 21 6936610

Deadlines:

Manuscript due:  Sep. 30, 2000
Acceptance notification: Nov. 30, 2000
Final revised manuscripts due: Feb. 30, 2001
Manuscripts to publisher: March 30, 2001
Publication: June 2001

Useful Links: 

Magazine home page:http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/commag/index.html 

Author guidelines:http://pubs.comsoc.org/ci1/pub_guidelines.html 

Feature Topic CFP URLs: 

http://lrcwww.epfl.ch/~giordano/manetft.html 

http://delson.org/si/commag/june01

        Sincerely,
                silvia
----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    Silvia Giordano - ICA-EPFL
                                   CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)
                              Tel: +41 21 6936748  FAX: +41 21 6936610
                                     E-Mail: [email-masked]
                                WWW: http://icawww.epfl.ch/~giordano
----------------------------------------------------------------------
           ........I need one flaw to be perfect........
----------------------------------------------------------------------