Subject: Security

From: "salavat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 17:38:42 +0100

Hello

I was wondering whether MANET WG is considering to develop any methods for
providing security in such a vulnerable to eavesdropping and active attacks
environment as Ad hoc network. Are there any drafts?

Regards
Salavat R. Magazov

---

From: Zygmunt Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 11:40:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Salavat,

There has been a draft on "MANET Authentication Architecture" by S. Jacobs
and M.S. Corson, but I think that it has expired - you may want to check
on the IETF draft web page.

There have been also a number of paper in the technical literature on the
topic - if you excuse me advertising our own work - one such paper is:

L. Zhou and Z.J. Haas, "Securing Ad Hoc Networks," IEEE Network Magazine,
special issue on Networking Security, vol. 13, no. 6, November/December
1999, pp. 24-30.

You may also want to check conferences in this field, such as the upcoming
MOBICOM'00 and MOBIHOC'00.

Best regards,

Zygmunt.
====--======

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas                    tel: +1-607-255-3454
Wireless Networks Laboratory		                  
School of Electrical Engineering         fax: +1-607-255-9072 
Cornell University
323 Frank Rhodes Hall			 e-mail: [email-masked]
Ithaca, NY 14853			 
U.S.A                             http://www.ee.cornell.edu/~haas/wnl.html
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-