Subject: PROMS2000, deadline extended

From: [email-masked] (Piotr Pacyna)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 18:03:15 +0200

Dear Sirs,
Due to numerous requests for deadline extension
we will keep accepting papers until 7th July 2000.

Piotr Pacyna OC Chair

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(We do apologize, if you receive multiple copies of this CfP)

                  PROTOCOLS FOR MULTIMEDIA SYSTEMS - PROMS2000
                            DEADLINE EXTENDED

                       Cracow, Poland, October 22-25, 2000
Sponsored by IEEE Poland Sect. and Cracow Communications Soc. Chap.
Lucent Technologies, ZWUT a Siemens Company,
                         http://PROMS2000.kt.agh.edu.pl/

After past successful PROMS conferences held in Berlin, Salzburg,
Madrid, and Santiago de Chile now we cordially invite you to
Cracow/Poland, a lovely university city, with a 1000 year history, today
one of cultural capitals of Europe.

Emerging broadband interactive applications along with a development of
different networking technologies should draw telecom operators' and
service providers' attention to protocols supporting multimedia systems
as an interface between these two environments that has to be still
investigated and modified.

The PROMS2000 conference is intended to contribute to a scientific,
strategical and practical cooperation between research institutes and
industrial companies in the area of distributed multimedia applications,
protocols, and intelligent management tools, with emphasis on their
provision over broadband networks.

PROMS2000 will cover papers and demonstrations on research and
achievements related to the following topics:

TOPICS
* design and implementation of multimedia protocols for public switched
telephony networks, mobile networks, data networks, and satellite
networks using IP, ATM or other connectivity techniques;
* application, media, and protocol integration: synchronization of media
streams;
* multiparty and group communication protocols;
* mobile networking and routing: multimedia communication architectures
for mobile networks;
* multimedia applications: video-on-demand, digital video libraries,
video games, virtual community, teleworking, teleteaching, e-commerce,
telemeeting, virtual reality simulations;
* content based searching and querying;
* techniques for the specification of communication services required by
multimedia applications;
* methods for real-time testing and analysis of service implementations;
* integration of media storage and communication mechanisms, operating
system and high-performance issues;
* experiences with service provisioning using distributed multimedia
applications, eg. voice over IP;
* performance of protocols, such as TCP, and applications: modeling, simulation and optimization in different networks;
* definition, provisioning, and supervision of QoS parameters for
networked applications and services, eg. in IntServ/DiffServ networks;
* multimedia traffic engineering;
* applications and platforms for service management and provisioning;
* intelligent management tools pertaining to costs and quality of
service, network access, accounting, security, and system resilience;
* service access - security, authentication, privacy;
* accounting and tariff policing for multimedia teleservices.

IMPORTANT DATES
* Full papers due                     July 7, 2000
* Authors notified                    July 24, 2000
* Full paper camera ready due         September 25, 2000

CONFERENCE TIMETABLE
* 1st day       October 22      full-day sightseeing tour (optional)
* 2nd day       October 23      tutorials, welcome reception
* 3rd day       October 24      invited talks, sessions, panel, banquet
* 4th day       October 25      invited talks, sessions

VENUE
Its history rooted deep in the Middle Ages, Cracow, is the most
celebrated city in Poland. UNESCO has added its architectural complex to
the World Heritage List. Cracow's appeal today, however, is no longer
attributable solely to the beauty of its medieval architecture, but to
its strong scientific potential for applied research and development.

The PROMS2000 Conference will be held on the modern premises of the
Department of Telecommunications within walking distance of both the
downtown area and hotels. Direct flights to Cracow are available to and
from Chicago, Copenhagen, New York, Toronto, Frankfurt, London, Paris,
Rome, Tel Aviv, Vienna and Zurich.

SUBMISSION
Submit a full manuscript to the PROMS chair in an electronic form
(MSWord, Postscript or pdf file); editorial requirements can be found at
http://PROMS2000.kt.agh.edu.pl/.

PROCEEDINGS
1. Each participant will receive Proceedings from the conference.
2. Two best papers will be considered for publication in the IEEE Communications
   Magazine (March 2001 issue) in a feature topic "Protocols for Multimedia
   Systems".

CONFERENCE CHAIR
Zdzislaw PAPIR
Department of Telecommunications
University of Mining and Metallurgy
Al. Mickiewicza 30
30-059 Cracow, Poland
E-mail: [email-masked]
Phone: +48 12 634 55 82
Fax: +48 12 634 23 72

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Koichi Asatani, Univ. Kogakuin, [email-masked]
William Atwood, Univ. Concordia, [email-masked]
Arturo Azcorra, Univ. Carlos III de Madrid, [email-masked]
Stanislaw Budkowski, INT-Evry, [email-masked]
Andrew Campbell, Univ. Columbia, [email-masked]
Michel Diaz, LAAS-CNRS, [email-masked]
Wolfgang Effelsberg, Univ. Mannheim,
[email-masked]
Paolo Fasano, CSELT, [email-masked]
Francisco Fontes, Portugal Telecom, [email-masked]
Nicolas D. Georganas, Univ. Ottawa, [email-masked]
Per Gunningberg, Univ. Uppsala, [email-masked]
Ibrahim Habib, Univ. New York
Ulrich Hofmann, Univ. Salzburg, [email-masked]
David Hutchison, Univ. Lancaster, [email-masked]
Yuji Inoue, NTT, [email-masked]
Andrzej Jajszczyk, Univ. Mining and Metallurgy, [email-masked]
Pedro Lizcano, Telefonica Labs, [email-masked]
John C. S. Lui, Chinese Univ. Hong Kong, [email-masked]
Andrzej R. Pach, Univ. Mining & Metallurgy, [email-masked]
Sergio Palazzo, Univ. Catania, [email-masked]
Thomas Plagemann, Center for Technology, [email-masked]
Radia Perlman, SUN, [email-masked]
Radu Popescu-Zeletin, GMD, [email-masked]
Marten J. van Sinderen, Univ. Twente, [email-masked]
Kazem Sohraby, Lucent, [email-masked]
Joan I. Solana, Nokia Telecom R & D, [email-masked]
Eduardo Vera, Univ. of Chile, [email-masked]
Johan Zuidweg, Tecsidel, [email-masked]

ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Chair: Piotr PACYNA, [email-masked]
K. Juszkiewicz, [email-masked]
J. Gozdecki, [email-masked]
J. Roman, [email-masked]