Subject: Visualisation for wireless/mobile networks (fwd)

From: Richa Jain <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 11:43:17 +0530 (IST)

Hi all,

 I need to look into the mobile features incorporated into NS, for a
project I'm currently working on. Could someone help me out on the
following:

1. Does NS have any other mobile extensions apart from those made by the
CMU Monarch project? Are all the CMU mobile extensions incorporated in NS?
Are all the mobile features of NS- vs 2.1b6 documented anywhere ie. is
there a list of all the mobile features currently in NS? 

( I am unable to access the Mobins2 page mentioned in
the NS contributed code (Wireless) section - any ideas what it contains
and how I can get thru?)

2. The CMU monarch project has a visualiser "ad-hockey" for moblie
networks. Any ideas on how I can install/use it with the version of NS
(2.1b6) I have (from the ns-allinone file)? Has anyone tried something
like this before?

Thanx in advance,
Richa.

---

From: Ya Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:45:23 -0700 (PDT)

> there a list of all the mobile features currently in NS? 

Ns integrated cmu Monarch project and Charley' mobileIP. Ns also
has its own implementation to simulate both wired and wireless network
altogether.

> the NS contributed code (Wireless) section - any ideas what it contains

All ns related link can be accessed by http://mash.cs.berkeley.edu
You can check both ns docs and tutorial to find infomation regarding
wireless network simulation

> (2.1b6) I have (from the ns-allinone file)? Has anyone tried something

Ns does not support ad-hockey. However, Ns has its own animator called
Nam to visualize both wired and wireless simulation. Some examples are
included in current ns snapshot.

More questions can be sent to ns mailing list for answers

thanks

-Ya