Subject: Re: flooding

From: "w.peng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 14:16:20 +0800

Dmitri,

I've done some research on the broadcast problem in mobile 
ad hoc networks. I've developed two approaches to reduce the 
broadcast redundancy and compared their performance with 
flooding.  If you are interested in my work, you can take a look to 
my three papers: 

1) "Efficient Broadcast in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks Using Connected
Dominating Sets". This paper has been accepted for publication in 
ICPADS'2000.

2) "AHBP: An Efficient Broadcast Protocol for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks".
accepted by Journal of Computer Science And Technology 
(publicated in Beijing, China).

3) "On the Reduction of Broadcast Redundancy in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks".
will appear as a poster in MobiHOC'2000.

Because my homepage is under construction, so write to me if you want a 
copy of my paper.

Wei Peng
Department of Computer Science,
Changsha Institute of Technology,
Changsha, Hunan, 410073, P.R.China
Email: [email-masked]

>
>
>Can anyone comment on the relative performance of "flooding" 
>as a routing algorithm in ad hoc networks? Have any studies
>been done that discuss when(under what conditions) it might 
>be advantageous to simply use flooding(at least for control
>pkts)?
>
>Please point me to any papers that discuss this topic.
>I briefly searched the archives and did not locate a discussion
>directly related to the above questions. Please excuse me if 
>this topic has already been discussed. Feel free to point me
>to the correct archives.
>
>
>Thanks for your time,
>DDP
>
>