Subject: MobiHOC: Workshop on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking & Computing

From: Nitin H Vaidya <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:30:41 -0500 (CDT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for Participation

The First Annual Workshop on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking & Computing
(MobiHOC)

August 11, 2000
Boston, Massachusetts, USA

(in conjunction with MobiCom 2000)

Advance program, registration information, and hotel
information for the MobiHOC workshop are now available at

     http://www.cs.tamu.edu/faculty/vaidya/mobihoc/

If you are unable to access the above web page, please
send e-mail to [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                        MobiHOC 2000 Advance Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MobiHoc received 82 submissions, of which 13 were accepted as regular
papers, and 12 as posters. The accepted papers/posters came from 13
countries.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                   Keynote

Leonard Kleinrock will present a keynote address on Beyond the Netherworld
of Cyberspace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                         Introductions and Welcome
                              8:00 - 8:30 a.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                             Session A: Routing
                             8:30 - 10:15 a.m.

   * On the Impact of Alternate Path Routing for Load Balancing in Mobile
     Ad-Hoc Networks
     Marc Pearlman, Zygmunt Haas (Cornell University), Peter Sholander
     (Scientific Research Corporation), and Siamak S. Tabrizi (Air Force
     Rome Laboratories)

   * LANMAR: Landmark Routing for Large Scale Wireless Ad Hoc Networks with
     Group Mobility
     Guangyu Pei, Mario Gerla, and Xiaoyan Hong (University of California,
     Los Angeles)

   * DDR-Distributed Dynamic Routing Algorithm for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
     Navid Nikaein, Houda Labiod, and Christian Bonnet (Eurecom Institute)

   * Predicting Node Proximity in Ad-Hoc Networks: A Least Overhead Adaptive
     Model for Selecting Stable Routes
     A. Bruce McDonald and Taieb Znati (University of Pittsburgh)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          Session B: Multicasting
                             10:45 - 12:00 a.m.

   * Neighbor Supporting Ad Hoc Multicast Routing Protocol
     Seungjoon Lee and Chongkwon Kim (Seoul National University)

   * Role-Based Multicast in Highly Mobile but Sparsely Connected Ad Hoc
     Networks
     Linda Briesemeister (DaimlerChrysler Research and Technology) and
     Gunter Hommel (Technical University of Berlin)

   * Content Based Multicast (CBM) in Ad Hoc Networks
     Hu Zhou and Suresh Singh (Oregon State University)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                         Keynote Address and Lunch
                             12:00 - 1:30 p.m.

Keynote Speaker: Leonard Kleinrock

Topic: Beyond the Netherworld of Cyberspace

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                          Session C: Novel Issues
                              1:30 - 2:45 p.m.

   * An Architecture for Building Self-Configurable Systems
     Lakshminarayanan Subramanian and Randy H. Katz (University of
     California, Berkeley)

   * MIPMANET - Mobile IP for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
     Ulf Jonsson, Fredrik Alriksson, Tony Larsson, Per Johansson (Ericsson
     Radio Systems), and Gerald Q. Maguire Jr. (Royal Institute of
     Technology)

   * Enforcing Service Availability in Mobile Ad-Hoc WANs
     Levente Buttyan and Jean-Pierre Hubaux (Swiss Federal Institute of
     Technology, Lausanne)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                           Session D: Link Layer
                              3:15 - 4:30 p.m.

   * Fair Medium Access in 802.11 based Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks
     Brahim Bensaou, Yu Wang, and Chi Chung Ko (National University of
     Singapore)

   * Low Power Rendezvous in Embedded Wireless Networks
     Terry Todd (McMaster University), Frazer Bennett (PA Consulting Group),
     and Alan Jones (AT&T Laboratories Cambridge)

   * Assignment Methods for Spatial Reuse TDMA
     Jimmi Gronkvist (Swedish Defence Research Establishment)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                               Poster Session
                              4:30 - 6:00 p.m.

   * A Speech-Optimised Multiple Access Scheme for a Mobile Ad Hoc Network
     V. N. Muthiah and W. C. Wong (National University of Singapore)

   * On the Reduction of Broadcast Redundancy in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
     Wei Peng and Xi-Cheng Lu (Changsha Institute of Technology)

   * Central Controller Handover Procedure for ETSI-BRAN HiperLAN/2 Ad Hoc
     Networks and Clustering with Quality of Service Guarantees
     Jorg Habetha, Andreas Hettich, Jorg Peetz (Aachen Institute of
     Technology), and Yonggang Du (Philips Research Laboratories)

   * DEAPspace -- Transient Ad-hoc Networking of Pervasive Devices
     Reto Hermann, Dirk Husemann, Michael Moser, Michael Nidd, Christian
     Rohner, and Andreas Schade (IBM Zurich Research Lab)

   * Securing Ad Hoc Services, a Jini View
     Christian Gehrmann (Ericsson Research), and Pekka Nikander (Helsinki
     Institute of Technology)

   * Dynamic Quality-of-Service for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
     M. Mirhakkak, N. Schult, and D. Thomson (MITRE Corporation)

   * A Simulation Analysis on Reactive Route Repair Techniques for QoS
     Sensitive Applications in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
     George Aggelou and Rahim Tafazolli (University of Surrey)

   * Proximity Awareness and Fast Connection Establishment in Bluetooth
     Theodoros Salonidis (University of Maryland), Pravin Bhagwat (IBM T. J.
     Watson Research Center), and Leandros Tassiulas (University of
     Maryland)

   * Utility-Based Decision-Making in Wireless Sensor Networks
     John Byers and Gabriel Nasser (Boston University)

   * A Distributed Mechanism for Topology Discovery in Ad hoc Wireless
     Networks using Mobile Agents
     Romit RoyChoudhury (Haldia Institute of Technology), Somprakash
     Bandyopadhyay (PricewaterhouseCoopers Ltd.), and Krishna Paul
     (CTS-Calcutta)

   * Performance Aspects of Bluetooth Scatternet Formation
     G. Miklos, A. Racz, Z. Turanyi, A. Valko (Ericsson Research), and P.
     Johansson (Ericsson Radio Systems)

   * Load Balancing via Relay in Next Generation Wireless Systems
     Chunming Qiao, Hongyi Wu, and Ozan Tonguz (University at Buffalo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The program listed above is preliminary, and the session schedule is
subject to change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------