Subject: AODV model and propagation calculator downloads; ad hoc modeling report

From: Leonard Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 17:04:08 -0400

The Wireless Communications Technologies Group (WCTG) at NIST has made
available for downloading several new files related to ad hoc
networking.

OPNET MODEL FOR AODV

The first download files are for an OPNET model for the AODV MANET
routing protocol running on an 802.11 radio node platform.  The files
can be downloaded from

http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/manet/prd_aodvfiles.html

A link to ZIP- and TAR-compressed file of the various model files is
made available after the user fills in a simple form for statistical
purposes.

Also available at the URL given above is a PDF file that describes the
NIST AODV model.  The author of the NIST AODV OPNET model is NIST guest
researcher Lyes Guemari.

OUTDOOR PROPAGATION CALCULATOR

The second set of download files relate to a calculator for the CCIR,
Hata, and Walfish-Ikegama propagation models.  An Excel spreadsheet and
standalone versions of the calculator for Unix and Windows can be
downloaded from

http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/manet/prd_propcalc.html

A link to XLS or to ZIP- and TGZ-compressed file of the various
propagation calculator files is made available after the user fills in a
simple form for statistical
purposes.

The propagation calculator was developed by Tim Hall, based on the
spreadsheet developed by Len Miller. 

GRAPH THEORY AND RELIABILITY APPLIED TO AD HOC NETWORKS

An electronic version (PDF) has been created of the report "Tactical
Communications Network Modelling and Reliability Analysis: An Overview"
by James J. Kelleher (AD-A245339, 1991 contract report).  This report
surveys graph theory as it applies to ad hoc networks and the
calculation of network reliability measures.  The electronic version was
edited by Len Miller.  It can be downloaded at the following URL:

http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/netanal/netanal_index.html

._.. . _.   __ .. ._.. ._.. . ._.   ._ _   _. .. ... _

Leonard E. Miller, Wireless Commun. Technologies Group
    National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST)
    100 Bureau Drive Stop 8920, Bldg. 820, Room 445
    Gaithersburg, Maryland 20899-8920
Phone: 301-975-8018        Fax: 301-590-0932
email: [email-masked], [email-masked]
http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/
._ _. ._ ._.. _.__ ... .. ...   ._ _. _..  ... .. __ .._
.._. ._ _ .. ___ _. ___...   .__ .. ._. . ._.. . ... ...