Subject: IMPORTANT: ID revision requirements

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:22:11 -0400

All:

We (the chairs) have received guidance from the Routing Area ADs that 
RFC2026 non-conforming document statements should be not be allowed in any 
IDs considered within the WG context.  The statement template appeared as 
the last of the three optional headers in the ID author guidance 
document..the guidance document is now out of date.

The chairs agree with this philosophy, but the guidance was unclear in the 
past for non-status IDs and several such documents were allowed to be 
posted with the manet extension.

Authors of affected documents need to revise these statements and resubmit 
to be in a conformant style or their documents will be removed in the near 
future and will not be considered within the manet WG context (nor any 
other WG). I would like to ask the ID authors to please inform us of your 
intentions as soonas possible.

 From my reading this affects the following active documents:

draft-ietf-manet-tora-spec-03.txt
draft-ietf-manet-lanmar-01.txt
draft-ietf-manet-fsr-00.txt
- all zrp derivatives below
draft-ietf-manet-zone-ierp-00.txt
draft-ietf-manet-zone-iarp-00.txt
draft-ietf-manet-zone-brp-00.txt

-------------------------------------------------------------