Subject: Reliable Multicast in Mobile Ad hoc networks

From: Manish Kochhal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 15:53:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

All,

Does anybody know abt any paper for reliable multicast for ad hoc networks ? 

I think in any case there will be a need for a node to cache data, so that it 
may provide that to any other node who needs the data ... It might also be the 
case that the speed of mobility will determine (in addition to other factors) 
how much amount of data a node need to cache ... 

I am doing multicast on a tree-based structure similar to a CBT...and I was 
wondering how in presence of mobility one can ensure reliable data delivery 
among nodes in the multicast group...Because of mobility there is always a 
possibility of a node asking another node for a data which has already been 
sent/recvd ...

Thanks,
Manish

*******************************************************
*                                                     *
* Name         : Manish M Kochhal                     *
*                                                     *
* Address      : 5200 Anthony Wayne Drive             *
*                Apt #1312, De Roy Apts               *
*                Detroit , MI 48202                   *
*                USA.                                 *
*                                                     *                                                  
* Phone Number : 313 832 1724 (Home)                  *
*                313 655 8847 (cell)                  *
*                313 577 5802 (Work)                  *
*                                                     *
* email        : [email-masked]    *                                            
*                [email-masked]           *
*	Instant email : [email-masked] (Text Only)*
*                                                     *
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=*