Subject: Re: Ad Hoc Networks in the Field

From: Chip Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:48:36 -0400

Hi Pete,

Speaking for myself (not for BBN), I think it is unlikely that we will 
publish these particular protocols in the IETF. I do regret this, because 
they are interesting, and employ techniques that are not widely documented 
in the literature. However, these are operational systems.

My apologies,

-- Chip

PS. Last I knew, the SUO/SAS protocols were also developed by BBN (as a 
subcontractor to ITT). Needless to say, ITT may well have changed or 
replaced these protocols since then.

At 08:53 AM 10/8/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Great!   Is BBN ever going to publish any Internet Drafts (or RFCs) on 
>their protocols?  (Same question for the ITT folks who did the DARPA 
>SUO/SAS program!!)

---

From: Chip Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 14:45:55 -0400

Hi CK,

I've read your own patent with interest. Indeed, we do
have patents pending. Presumably others do as well!

-- Chip

At 02:30 PM 10/8/01 -0400, you wrote:

>Chip -
>
>So BBN has a patent for this? If so, then technical info
>should be available from the IBM Patent Server database.
>
>CK