Subject: MobiHoc 2002 CFP

From: MobiHoc 2002 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:14:14 -0700 (PDT)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

                   ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS
                                   
                             MobiHoc 2002
               The Third ACM International Symposium on
                Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing
                                   
                        Lausanne, Switzerland
                           June 9-11, 2002
                                   
              http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobihoc/2002/

      Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE  http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/

                 Paper submissions due January 2, 2002

MobiHoc 2002 is the third of a series of annual meetings sponsored by
ACM SIGMOBILE, focusing on the latest research in the rapidly growing
area of mobile ad hoc networking and computing.  The first MobiHoc was
held in 2000 in Boston, Massachusetts, as a workshop affiliated with the
MobiCom conference also sponsored by SIGMOBILE.  Since then, MobiHoc has
become a separate symposium, held in 2001 in Long Beach, California, and
now in 2002 in Lausanne, Switzerland.  Topics of interest include all
areas of mobile and wireless ad hoc networking (above the physical
layer), ad hoc computing, and sensor networks.

PAPERS:

Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research,
not currently under review by another conference or journal, are
solicited, particularly including visionary papers, experimental papers,
and application-oriented papers.  Topics include but are not limited to:

 - Routing protocols (unicast, multicast, geocast, content-based, etc.)
 - Media access techniques
 - Transport-layer issues
 - Mobile ad hoc computing platforms, systems, and testbeds
 - Applications for ad hoc networks
 - Low power and energy-efficient designs
 - Quality-of-service issues
 - Security and fault-tolerance issues
 - Self-configuration in ad hoc networks
 - Sensor and data fusion
 - Distributed algorithms for ad hoc networks (e.g., leader
   election and group management)
 - Biologically-inspired mechanisms for ad hoc networks

Accepted papers will be printed in the symposium proceedings published
by ACM.  Please consult the Program Co-Chairs, J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves
([email-masked]) and David B. Johnson ([email-masked]), if you are
uncertain whether your paper falls within the scope of the symposium.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:

All submissions will be handled electronically and must be in PDF or
PostScript format.  Papers must not exceed 15 pages (US "Letter" size,
8.5x11 inches) in font no smaller than 10 points.  Submitted papers
should be unpublished and must not be currently under review for any
other publication.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their technical merit
through double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors are
withheld from the reviewers.  Authors' names must not appear in the
paper or within the PDF or PostScript file.  Complete paper submission
procedures will be available from the MobiHoc 2002 web site by October
15, 2001.  Questions about the submission process should be directed to
the Program Co-Chairs.

TUTORIALS:

Proposals for tutorials are solicited.  Evaluation of proposals will be
based on the expertise and experience of the instructors, and on the
relevance of the subject matter for the symposium.  Potential
instructors are requested to submit a tutorial proposal of at most 5
pages, including a biographical sketch, to the Tutorials Co-Chairs, Adam
Wolisz ([email-masked]) and Mario Gerla ([email-masked]), by
the paper submission deadline below.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Paper submission due:                   January 2, 2002
Notification of acceptance:             March 1, 2002
Camera-ready version due:               March 22, 2002
Tutorials:                              June 9, 2002
Conference:                             June 10-11, 2002

FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Please visit the MobiHoc 2002 Home Page at
http://www.acm.org/sigmobile/mobihoc/2002/ or send email to
[email-masked] for any questions or for more information about
the symposium.

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

General Chair

  Jean-Pierre Hubaux
  EPFL (CH)
  [email-masked]

Program Co-Chairs

  J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves              David B. Johnson
  Univ. California, Santa Cruz (US)    Rice University (US)
  [email-masked]                       [email-masked]

Tutorials Co-Chairs

  Adam Wolisz                          Mario Gerla
  Technical Univ. of Berlin (DE)       Univ. California, Los Angeles (US)
  [email-masked]               [email-masked]

Finance Chair                        Local Arrangements Chair

  Rachid Guerraoui                     Silvia Giordano
  EPFL (CH)                            EPFL (CH)
  [email-masked]             [email-masked]

Publicity Chair                      Publication Chair

  Elizabeth M. Belding-Royer           Robin Kravets
  Univ. Calif., Santa Barbara (US)     Univ. Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (US)
  [email-masked]                 [email-masked]
 
Steering Committee

  Andrew T. Campbell                   Charles E. Perkins
  J.J. Garcia-Luna-Aceves              Ram Ramanathan
  Mario Gerla                          Martha Steenstrup
  Joseph P. Macker                     Nitin H. Vaidya

ACM Program Director

  Ginger Ignatoff

---------------------------------------------------------------------------