Subject: RE: Ad Hoc Networks in the Field

From: Phillip Neumiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:31:37 -0400

Since Chip decided to advertise a bit, I felt compelled to do so
as well!  I hope the list will forgive my "ad".

I can not relay many details at this time, but MeshNetworks, Inc.
has an alpha system deployed in Maitland Florida (just north of
Orlando).  We have distance vector based routers up on light poles
and an ASIC based XCVR/router in the works.  Please visit
www.meshnetworks.com for more information on our system.  

Thanks,

Phil Neumiller
****************************************************************************
This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named above and may contain
confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the
named addressee or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
named addressee, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the
e-mail and destroy any printed copy. The contents should not be disclosed to
anyone and no copies should be made. We take reasonable precautions to
ensure that our emails are virus free. However we accept no responsibility
for any virus transmitted by us and recommend that you subject any incoming
e-mail to your own virus checking procedures.

---

From: Frank Kargl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 20:31:53 +0200

Hi ...

> www.meshnetworks.com for more information on our system.

Interesting to see that MANETs are actually starting to grow outside the
military context. One question that I found no answer for on your
webpages:
What about security in your network? How do you prevent people from
sniffing each others traffic and more important how do you prevent
people from messing up your routing?

Regards ... Frank

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Frank Kargl          Multimedia Computing, University of Ulm, Germany
 Mail:[email-masked] http://www.uni-ulm.de/~fkargl/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   Use the SOURCE, Luke !  I feel a great disturbance in the SOURCE.
            But beware of the Microsoft side of the SOURCE !