Subject: [manet] RSVP Implementation

From: John Tapsell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:49:32 +0100

Hi,

  I'm currently looking for a way to get a rsvp setup on my local network.
I came across ds_mpls.atlantis.rug.ac.be

Could someone kindly spend a minute reading what I have written below, and
tell me if I'm talking rubbish :)

* RSVP_TE is RSVP with Traffic Engineering extensions.  Which I think is to
allow rsvp to work with, for example, MPLS.  If I am to get this working
with a manet, I would also need wireless extensions.

* MPLS - This labels the paths, so I can have routing paths based on more
than just, say, ip numbers.  In this case I want to base the routing on RSVP
Flows.  I don't quite understand how this mixes with the routing protocol,
or whether it _is_ the routing protocol, or an extension...

* LSP - MPLS creates Label Switched Paths.  This is effectively my RSVP
Flow.  This is the route all packets in a particular (rsvp )flow will go down.

* WMPLS - This is some extension to MPLS to allow it to work in a manet?
I don't know if it is able to work with RSVP_TE etc...

Anyway, thoughts please?

JohnFlux

--