Subject: [manet] MobiHoc 2003 - Call for Papers

From: Michele Zorzi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 16:08:32 -0700

(we apologize for possible multiple copies of this message)

CALL FOR PAPERS

The ACM Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking & Computing
MobiHoc 2003
http://mobihoc.ee.ucla.edu

June 1-3, 2003
Annapolis, Maryland, USA

MobiHoc 2003 is the fourth of a series of annual meetings sponsored by
ACM SIGMOBILE, focusing on the latest research in the rapidly growing
area of mobile ad hoc networking and computing. The first MobiHoc was
held in 2000 in Boston, Massachusetts, as a workshop affiliated with
the MobiCom conference also sponsored by SIGMOBILE. Since then, MobiHoc
has become a separate symposium, held in 2001 at Long Beach,
California, in 2002 at Lausanne, Switzerland, and now in 2003 at
Annapolis, Maryland.

Papers:

Technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research,
not currently under review by another conference or journal, are
solicited. In general this symposium is interested in papers that
address networking or computing problems in the context of mobile and
wireless ad hoc networks, ad hoc computing systems, and sensor
networks, with the focus being on issues above the physical layer.
Specific topics of interest include the following:

* Routing protocols (unicast, multicast, geocast, content-based etc.)
* Media access techniques
* Transport-layer issues
* Hardware and software platforms, systems, and test beds
* Applications for ad hoc networks
* Power-aware, low-power, and energy-efficient designs
* Quality-of-service issues
* Security and fault tolerance issues
* Self-configuration in ad hoc networks
* Processing and fusion of data in sensor networks
* Location discovery and management
* Timing synchronization
* Distributed algorithms for ad hoc networks
* Biologically inspired mechanisms
* Ad hoc networks of autonomous intelligent systems
* Analytic methods and modeling for performance evaluation
* Cross-layer interactions, including between higher and physical layers

* Other ad hoc networking and computing topics above the physical layer

Please consult the program co-chairs Anthony Ephremides
<[email-masked]> and Mani Srivastava <[email-masked]> if you
are uncertain whether your paper falls within the scope of the
symposium.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:

All submissions will be handled electronically and must be in PDF or
PostScript format. Papers must not exceed 15 pages (US "Letter" size,
8.5 x 11 inches) including text, figures and references. The font size
must be at least 10 points. Accepted papers will be published in the
symposium proceedings.

We will adopt a double-blind process for paper review, where the
identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers. Authors'
names and their affiliations must not be revealed or mentioned anywhere
in the paper or in the postscript or PDF file. Submitted papers should
be unpublished and not currently under review for any other conference
or journal. Papers not following these guidelines will be summarily
rejected.

To submit a paper, please refer to the paper submission link at the
conference website, http://mobihoc.ee.ucla.edu. Questions about the
submission process should be directed to the Program Co-Chairs.

TUTORIALS

Proposals for tutorials are solicited. Evaluation of proposals will be
based on the expertise and experience of the instructors, and on the
relevance of the subject matter for the symposium. Potential
instructors are requested to submit a tutorial proposal of at most 5
pages, including a biographical sketch, to the Tutorial Co-Chairs,
Edward Knightly <[email-masked]> and Magda El
Zarki<[email-masked]>, by the paper submission deadline below.

IMPORTANT DATES

Paper Submission Deadline           December 2, 2002
Notification of Acceptance          February 17, 2003
Camera-ready version Due            March 15, 2003

Please visit the MobiHoc 2003 Home Page at http://mobihoc.ee.ucla.edu,
or send email to the General Chair, Mario Gerla ([email-masked]), or
to the organizing committee ([email-masked]) for any questions or
for more information about the symposium.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet