Subject: [manet] Security in MANET routing

From: Navatha Tirunagarivishwanatham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:09:48 -0500

I am presently investigating on different methods proposed to enhance
security in MANET routing protocols. Some of these methods are non-disclosure 
method, threshold cryptography , watchdog and pathrater and mulitpath 
routing. My plan is to simulate all these using ns-2 and draw a performance 
related study. But I have not been able to get much information on how to 
proceed with the simulation part. Is anyone working in the same field. If so, 
can u please point me to the relevant documentation or direct me on how to 
proceed about this ?
I would deeply appreciate any help. 

Thanks in advance,
Navatha

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Panos Papadimitratos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:16:42 -0500

Hi Navatha,

please see the performance evaluation of our secure routing protocol (SRP) 
for mobile
ad hoc networks. URL: http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu/Publications/wise02.ps

In short, we first evaluate SRP in a range of settings with only benign 
nodes present.
This gives us a benchmark and shows that a protocol with security 
enhancements remains
efficient.

Then, we implement two attacks and evaluate the performance for an increasing
number of attackers. Note that SRP does not rely on detecting the adversaries,
which implies that persistent attacks are most "effective," from the 
attacker's point of view.
SRP operates successfully, even with a very large number of attackers that 
actively
disrupt the route discovery.

Best Regards,

Panos

>I would deeply appreciate any help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Panagiotis 
Papadimitratos               http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/pp59
Wireless Networks Laboratory    http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
School of Electrical 
Engineering
Cornell 
University 

374 Frank Rhodes Hall           Tel: +1-607-255-9068
Ithaca, NY 14853                        Fax: +1-607-255-9072
U.S.A                                   E-mail: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Panos Papadimitratos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 17:16:42 -0500

Hi Navatha,

Best Regards,

Panos