Subject: Re: [manet] Heterogeneous networks

From: Stefan Schlott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:02:37 +0100

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 10:58:57PM -0700, Rakesh Kumar Banka wrote:

>  Can someone tell me how to change the transmission
> ranges of the nodes in the NS-2 simulator? 

I've been stuck with that, too... our current workaround: Don't change
the transmission intensity, but modify the receive threshold instead:
  Phy/WirelessPhy set RXThresh_ 3.07645e-07
The threshold value was computed using the threshold program from the
ns2/indep-utils/propagation directory. This setting determines the threshold
for all nodes - I haven't tried setting it for individual nodes.

If you find a better solution, please let me know.

Stefan.

-- 
*--- please cut here... -------------------------------------- thanks! ---*
|-> E-Mail: [email-masked]    PGP-Key: 0x2F36F4FE <-|
| They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary    |
| safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.                              |
|   -- Ben Franklin                                                       |
*-------------------------------------------------------------------------*
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Stefan Schlott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 08:02:37 +0100

Stefan.