Subject: [manet] New release: APE Testbed v0.4, now boots from live CD-ROM!

From: Erik Nordström <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Nov 2002 16:43:14 +0100

Hello

I would like to announce a new release of the APE Testbed. APE is the
Ad-hoc Protocol Evaluation Testbed, developed at Uppsala University in
Sweden. The purpose of APE is to be able to perform large scale real
world tests of ad-hoc routing protocols. APE is not necessarily just
for ad-hoc - use the source code to build your own customized test
environment.

Key Features:

* Use APE to easily distribute and install a pre-configured test
environment based on Linux. APE tests are easy to run - use students
or colleagues as test monkeys!

* APE can be easily installed and run from within an existing Linux or
Windows (DOS) environment

* Alternatively, run APE from the APE bootable live CD-ROM (ISO image
available on the APE download page).

* APE has a scripting system which is used to create scenarios that
can be run over and over again, so that tests can be reproduced as
accurately as possible. Participants are given instructions generated
from the scenario file during the tests.

* APE has the "Virtual Mobility" metric, that can characterize the
degree of mobility of a testrun.

* Use APE log files to re-run a test in APE-view, a graphical
application that show topological configurations of the ad-hoc
network.

* Collect log files and analyze them with the APE analysis
tools. Calculate packet delivery ratio and much more.

* APE runs most available ad-hoc routing protocols.

For more information, see:

http://apetestbed.sourceforge.net

Documentation:

http://apetestbed.sourceforge.net/ape-testbed.pdf

Downloads:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/apetestbed

-- 
Erik Nordström <[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet