Subject: [manet] ZRP / Hybrid Routing Protocol Implementation

From: "Pete Sholander" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:07:18 -0500

Dear Gentle Posters,

SRC has worked with Zygmunt Haas and Marc Pearlman over the past 2+
years to develop a commercial-grade implementation of a "ZRP-esque"
hybrid routing protocol.  That software currently runs on Red Hat Linux,
Debian Linux, Windows 2000, Windows CE (PocketPC 2002), and a JTRS
Step2C radio emulator.  The Linux code has also been ported to run in
QualNet 3.1.  

Implementation overviews and *initial* performance results have been
published in MILCOM 2002 and 2002 SDR Technical Conference.  (The MILCOM
paper compares versus an *old* version of OLSR, so the results are
illustrative and *not* definitive!!!)  In brief, the proactive component
is a QoS-aware, timer-based link-state algorithm.  The reactive
component provides explicit source-routing based on QoS metrics.  The
"bordercasting algorithm" is simplified from the current IETF I-D from
Cornell.  We have plans to replace (or supplement) those
proactive/reactive components with some of the IETF standards
(TBRPF/OLSR/AODV/DSR ?).

Gov't funding sponsors were AFRL/IF, DARPA ATO, CECOM, and STRICOM. 
Beta code has been shipped to some gov't orgs and several other U.S. DoD
contractors.  (I'm working the "open-source", academic users, non-US
users, ... issues with my SRC management at present.)  An open-demo of
20-50 nodes might should happen at Fort Hood in 2003.

So, Marc Pearlman and I will be at Atlanta meeting to opine about
whether the ZRP / hybrid-routing work should continue in the IETF for a
bit (e.g., generate updated/simplified I-Ds that focus on the
hybrid-routing framework and bordercast mechanism for the SF Meeting)
... or just move to IRTF.  

Cya' at the ATL meeting:)
Pete Sholander
Scientific Research Corporation		
Atlanta, GA		

E: [email-masked]
V: 770-989-9551

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Ruiliang Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 09:52:30 +0800

Dear Pete,

I'm interested in what physical layer and data link layer you are using for implementing ZRP. Is that 802.11 compatible? Thanks!

Ruiliang Chen
Fudan University, P.R. China

---

From: Ruiliang Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 09:52:30 +0800

Dear Pete,

Ruiliang Chen