Subject: [manet] Why cant i build ns2-allinone-2.1ba9 in Redhat 8.0?

From: "Harry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:30:58 +0800

hi,all,
	I come into trouble when i build   ns2-allinone-2.1ba9 in Redhat 8.0, and the ns cant be built and installing aborts. Neither i notice Xgraph can be built correctly.  But the same copy can be installed in RedHat 7.2 and 7.3.
	Anybody can tell me Why? And when will the lasted version of ns be distributed?
	thx so much.	

best regards 				
　　　　　　　　Harry
　　　　　　　　　　2002-11-07

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Erik Nordström <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Nov 2002 10:06:22 +0100

As Joe Macker recently pointed out on this list, this is not the right
forum for questions like this. However, your problems are due to the new
compiler used in Red Hat 8.0 (gcc 3.2). The new compiler has better
conformance to the ISO C++ standard, but apparently the ns-2 code is not
up to scratch. I am sure you can find some help about this problem by
browsing the ns-2 mailing list archives.

Erik Nordström

---

From: Erik Nordström <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Nov 2002 10:06:22 +0100

Erik Nordström