Subject: [manet] Looking for the right forum to publish a new ad hoc routing protocol

From: Darrell Shane <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:43:20 -0800

Hello, I am interested in publishing some work on a new ad hoc
routing protocol, and I am looking for the right forum.  Including
illustrations, the paper is around 30 pages, and it was difficult
to trim the page count down that low.  The abstract follows.

The Dynamic Mobility (DynaMo) routing protocol is a new reactive,
location based, ad hoc, wireless routing protocol.  The key features
of DynaMo are its tight integration with wired networks (such as the
Internet) and multi-hopping.  Peer-to-peer and region casting
communications through either persistent or transient routes are
supported.  DynaMo is designed for hybrid wired/wireless networks,
such as vehicle transportation systems, where resiliency, robustness
and security are critical.

DynaMo enables packets to hop from vehicle to vehicle along the route
that connects the source to the destination.  Tight integration with
TCP/IP wired networks is achieved through the novel use of the Domain
Name Services (DNS) to locate a node.  Network resiliency is a direct
result of overlapping coverage.  Robustness is achieved through
DynaMo's flexibility.  Routes can be through moving or stationary
nodes, and regardless of the node's mobility, route maintenance is a
localized process.  Each participating node optimizes its portion of
the route.  The foundation of secure communication is based on a
hybrid public/private key encryption system; a node's public key is
available through a query to DNS.

What forums do you recommend?

Thank you,
Darrell
Qual-Pro Corporation

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet