Subject: [manet] MAC & PHY interaction question

From: Yougu Yuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:13:23 -0500

Hi, all,

Here is a question about the interaction between the wireless MAC layer and 
the physical layer, but I think a "hardware" person is more likely to answer 
it without a pause.

If the phy is receiving a packet, during which a "new" stronger ( >old signal 
strength + capture threshold)  signal shows up, is the physical layer able to 
tell that this is a "new signal", and start to notify the MAC layer to 
receive this new packet? Or will it go on blindly, only find out that there 
is a collision after receiving the old packet by checking the CRC, and unable 
to recieve either packet in a whole piece?

Thank you.
-- 
Yougu Yuan

----------------------------------------------------
Office Phone 603-646-0679    [email-masked]
Dept. of Computer Science, Dartmouth College

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet