Subject: RE: [manet] formal verification of ad hoc networks

From: "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar (UMKC-Student)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:25:59 -0600

> I've tried Calculus of Broadcasting Systems, it seemed the 
> most suitable for my purposes. However, it turns out to be 
> very difficult (at  least for me!)to build a suitable formal
> model, which would reflect the reality of ad-hoc networks, 
> could guide the implementation and be verifiable.

If you feel CBS, CCS are too theoretical, I suggest a better
alternative. " Abstract State Machines" But, You should know
a little of first order logic.

http://www.eecs.umich.edu/gasm/

Associated ASMl software from Microsoft research.
http://research.microsoft.com/foundations/

For anything, you need to know a basic specification language
(be it process algebra, situation calculus, axiomatic 
specification or PSL)
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet