Subject: [manet] ieee 802.11

From: Eleonora Borgia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:45:08 +0100

Hi all,

I recently did some experimental studies of the behavior of the IEEE 802.11b Protocol. I measured  the IEEE 802.11b transmission ranges in a real environment, composed by 2/4 nodes communicating in ad hoc mode.
 Does somebody know if there exists a free tool for carrier sensing and interference range measurement for the same technology?

Regards,
Eleonora

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 03:49:04 -0700

Hi Eleonora, 

For carrier sensing, you can use the wireless manager from your card vendor 
or use NetStumbler. Available from www.netstumbler.org. I have used 
NetStumbler with Windows only. For Unix/Linux, I think you can use Kismet 
(www.kismetwireless.net) or dstumbler. 

If you are using WinCE, then you will need ministumbler. 

Hope it helps. 

Regards,
Ankur 

>  Does somebody know if there exists a free tool for carrier sensing and interference range measurement for the same technology? 
 
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet