Subject: [manet] CFP: MobiCom 2003 -- Paper registration due March 5, 2003

From: Hiroyuki Morikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 20:00:29 +0900

CALL FOR PAPERS
                                   
                             MobiCom 2003
              The Ninth Annual International Conference
                  on Mobile Computing and Networking
                                   
                        September 14-19, 2003
                      San Diego, California, USA
                http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2003/
                                   
                      Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE

ACM MobiCom 2003, the Ninth Annual International Conference on Mobile
Computing and Networking, is the ninth in a series of annual conferences
sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE dedicated to addressing the challenges in the
areas of mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking.  The MobiCom
conference series serves as the premier international forum addressing
networks, systems, algorithms, and applications that support the symbiosis
of mobile computers and wireless networks.  MobiCom is a highly selective,
single-track conference focusing on all issues in mobile computing and
wireless and mobile networking at the link layer and above.  MobiCom 2003
will be held September 14-19, 2003, at the Westin Horton Plaza Hotel in
beautiful, sunny San Diego, California.

PAPERS: Authors are invited to submit full papers presenting new research
related to the theory or practice of mobile computing and networking.  All
submissions must describe original research, not published or currently
under review for another conference or journal.  Areas of interest include,
but are not limited to:

 - Applications and computing services supporting mobile users
 - Architectures, protocols, and algorithms to cope with mobility,
   limited bandwidth, or intermittent connectivity
 - Database and data management issues in mobile computing
 - Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing
   and networking
 - Distributed systems aspects of mobile computing
 - New mobile and wireless applications
 - Integration and interworking of wired and wireless networks
 - Performance of mobile and wireless networks and systems
 - Location-dependent applications and protocols
 - Security and privacy of mobile/wireless systems
 - Mobile ad hoc and sensor networks
 - Wireless multimedia systems
 - Algorithms and protocols for power management and control 
 - Service creation and management environments for mobile/wireless systems 

The program committee will referee all papers, and accepted papers will be
published in the conference proceedings.  Papers of particular merit will
be proposed for publication in the ACM/Kluwer Wireless Networks (WINET)
and Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) journals.

CHALLENGES PAPERS: The conference also solicits short papers (maximum of
8 pages) that challenge the mobile computing community with revolutionary
new technologies or visionary applications.  Such papers should provide
stimulating ideas or grand visions that may open up exciting avenues of
far-reaching future research; descriptions of new products or simple
evolution of existing work are not appropriate as Challenges Papers.
Challenges Papers will be reviewed and should be submitted using the
normal submission procedure but must be clearly identified as intended
as Challenges Papers.

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS: All paper submissions will be handled
electronically.  Authors should prepare a Portable Document Format (PDF)
or PostScript version of their full paper.  Papers must be no longer than
15 pages (8 pages for Challenges submissions), in font size no smaller than
10 points, and must fit properly on US "Letter"-sized paper (8.5x11 inches)
with reasonable margins.  Detailed instructions on the paper submission
procedure and format are available on the conference web pages.  All
papers being submitted must be registered by March 12, 2003.  The paper
submission deadline is then March 12, 2003.

All submitted papers will be judged based on their quality through
double-blind reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld
from the reviewers.  Authors' names must not appear in the paper or in the
PostScript or PDF file.  Submitted papers (or substantially similar papers)
must not be currently under review for any other publication.  Please
direct any questions about the paper submission process to the Program
Co-Chairs at [email-masked].

TUTORIALS: Proposals for tutorials are solicited.  Evaluation of tutorial
proposals will be based on the expertise and experience of the instructors,
and on the relevance of the subject matter.  Potential instructors are
requested to submit a tutorial proposal of at most 5 pages, including a
biographical sketch, to the Tutorial Co-Chairs by April 7, 2003.

PANELS: Panels are solicited that examine innovative, controversial,
or otherwise provocative issues of interest.  Panel proposals should
not exceed 3 pages, including biographical sketches of the panelists.
Potential panel organizers should contact the Panel Co-Chairs by
April 21, 2003.

RESEARCH DEMOS AND EXHIBITS: Proposals for research demos are solicited.
Proposals should not exceed 3 pages and should include a description of the
demo and equipment to be used.  Send proposals to the Research Demo Chair
by July 26, 2003.  We are also planning an Expo featuring exhibits of the
latest mobile computing products and services.

BEST STUDENT PAPER AWARD: Papers with a student as a primary author will be
considered for the Best Student Paper award, with a cash award of $1000
USD.  Students must indicate with their submission that they would like to
be considered for this award.

IMPORTANT DATES:    Paper registration deadline:  March 5, 2003
                    Paper submission deadline:    March 12, 2003
                    Notification of acceptance:   June 16, 2003
                    Camera-ready version due:     July 18, 2003

All papers being submitted to MobiCom 2003 must be registered by
11:59 PM PST (US Pacific timezone) March 5, 2003.  The deadline for
actually then submitting all registered papers is 11:59 PM PST (US
Pacific timezone) March 12, 2003.  These are firm deadlines.

GENERAL CHAIR:      David B. Johnson
                    Rice University
                    [email-masked]

PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS:  Anthony D. Joseph
                    University of California, Berkeley
                    [email-masked]

                    Nitin H. Vaidya
                    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  
                    [email-masked]

For a complete list of Organizing and Program Committee members, please
refer to the web pages at http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2003/.

FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please contact the General Chair or Program
Co-Chairs for more information.  For information on ACM SIGMOBILE and the
MobiCom series of conferences, see http://www.sigmobile.org/ or contact
[email-masked].
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet