Subject: [manet] Multicast routing algorithm and implemented router

From: "m c" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:26:27 -0500

Hello all,

Just wanted to inform everyone that a new multicast routing algorithm has 
been developed and implemented at Virginia Tech.  This multicast routing 
algorithm has been titled Extensions to Multicast for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks 
(XMMAN) and attempts to reduce redundent data rebroadcasts.  It seems that 
most of the existing multicast algorithms attempt to reduce routing 
overhead, but pretty much ignore the problem of data overhead.  That is, 
multicast routers do not try to aggregate the data flows to reduce 
unneccessary data rebroadcasts.  This algorithm was first presented in a 
masters thesis 
(http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/theses/available/etd-08142002-131727/).  A REAL 
implementation can be found at http://www.irean.vt.edu/navciiti/ (click on 
"Resources").  This was written in C under the Linux 2.4 operating system, 
but should work in pretty much any Linux environment.  Chapter 4: Protocol 
of the thesis reads like an internet draft, and should be easy to read.  
Have fun!

Mike

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:51:32 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mike,

You may want to take a look at:

Z.J. Haas and S. Sajama, ``Independent-Tree Ad Hoc Multicast Routing
(ITAMAR),'' 2001 Fall Vehicular Technology Conference,  Atlantic City, NJ,
October 7-11, 2001

The full version of this work is scheduled for MONET publication:

Z.J. Haas and S. Sajama, ``Independent-Tree Ad Hoc Multicast Routing
(ITAMAR),''ACM MONET journal, special issue on Ad Hoc Networks, vol. 8,
no. 5, October 2003

Zygmunt Haas.
====--==-======
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas                    http://people.ece.cornell.edu/haas
Wireless Networks Laboratory		 http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
School of Electrical Engineering
Cornell University			 tel: +1-607-255-3454
323 Frank Rhodes Hall			 fax: +1-607-255-9072
Ithaca, NY 14853			 e-mail: [email-masked]
U.S.A
	WNL web page: http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-