Subject: [manet] Zero Conf (configuration with minimum intervention)

From: "Vijayanand Ballapuram" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 12:49:13 -0500

Hi All,

I am a student going to work on Zero Configuration Protocols ( configuration
with minimum intervention) for Wireless and Mobile Ad hoc Networks for my
Thesis.

Please let me know research that have been done so far for “Establishing
Connectivity and other services” in Wireless   Mobile Ahoc Networks with
“minimum human intervention”. Also, please point to papers published in this
area and research groups working in this specific area.

I have read the Internet Draft on “Requirements for Automatic Configuration
of IP Hosts “, which states that the Zero Conf protocol can be applied to
only

·	Hosts in the same network.

·	Hosts in different networks connected by a single router/gateway.

So  I wanted to know whether Zero Conf protocols can be applied to Mobile Ad
Hoc Networks(like ships in sea) where there is possibility of many gateways,
as each ship/node needs a Gateway/router to connect with the neighbour nodes
which are already on a network.

Any suggestions/ pointers, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Vijay

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet