Subject: [manet] IEEE 802.11 model in Opnet!!!

From: "Lykourgou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:24:04 +0200

Hello!!!

I encounter some problems with the following simulation and I wonder if
there is anyone who could help me.

               There are two wlan_station_adv (mob) nodes in 800m X 800m
rectangle area. The distance between them at first is 1m. During the
simulation the nodes are following two different trajectories and after
10minutes the distance between them is longer than 300m. The simulation
is for 30minutes and each node selects random a destination and
transmits packets.   
 
               I know that during the first 10 minutes the nodes can
exchange messages because their distance is shorter than 300m (= range
of wireless stations) but I can't understand why they continue
exchanging messages and for the rest of the simulation when the distance
is longer than 300m. Could any one please explain me that or tell me
what am I doing wrong.
 
Thank you in advanced ,
Eydokia

---

From: "Jabin Song" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:44:53 -0500

In OPNET WLAN models, the transmission range depends on
a transmission power of the packets (default 1mW), a receprion
power threshold (default 7.33E-14), and a propagation model
for path loss (default Free-Space model).

The transmission range is about 1160 meters when these default
values are used.  You can change the transmission range by
changing these parameters.

For example, the transmission range is around 300 meters when
a transmission  power of packets is set to 0.000066728 (W).

Best Regards,
Jabin Song

----- Original Message -----
From: Lykourgou
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 2:24 PM
Subject: [manet] IEEE 802.11 model in Opnet!!!

Hello!!!

               There are two wlan_station_adv (mob) nodes in 800m X 800m
rectangle area. The distance between them at first is 1m. During the
simulation the nodes are following two different trajectories and after
10minutes the distance between them is longer than 300m. The simulation is
for 30minutes and each node selects random a destination and transmits
packets.

               I know that during the first 10 minutes the nodes can
exchange messages because their distance is shorter than 300m (= range of
wireless stations) but I can't understand why they continue exchanging
messages and for the rest of the simulation when the distance is longer than
300m. Could any one please explain me that or tell me what am I doing wrong.

Thank you in advanced ,
Eydokia

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet