Subject: [manet] Questions regarding APE

From: Abhinav Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:46:41 -0700

Hi,

I am using Cisco Aironet 350 wireless cards on the laptop and I was 
concerned if the APE testbed would work with them or not (I know that 
APE supports Orinoco). Is there anyone who has used Aironet 35X cards on 
APE?

There is another issue that is bothering me. Everytime I boot into Linux 
after running APE, I get the message that the filesystem was not cleanly 
unmounted and then Linux proceeds to check the filesystem. This not only 
happened with my compiled distribution of APE, but also with the zip 
version of APE availaible on the APE website. Is anyone else also facing 
a similar problem? If yes, what is the solution to this problem?

Thanks.

Abhinav.

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Edward Hua <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:32:08 -0500 (EST)

I believe Aironet 350 works with APE (as well as the 340 series).

I also had the unclean unmount problem as you described. I was using a 
previous release of APE (0.3). If I remember right, the APE documentation 
mentioned it was a known 
issue. Since APE has a newer version now, if the problem is still there, 
perhaps the APE folks haven't figured out a solution yet. As far as I can 
tell, this unclean unmount doesn't interfere with either your APE or linux 
performance, so you can live with that.

-Ed

---

From: "Ankur Jain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:50:57 +0530

Hi Abhinav,

You can use Cisco cards with APE testbed. But the patch available for spy
logging is only for Orinoco cards. So, you won't be able to draw graphs
which require "vM - virtual mobility" parameter with Cisco cards. Otherwise,
it will work perfectly with any card.

The error that "filesystem was not cleanly unmounted" is one of the known
issues as mentioned in their documentation. As far as I know, they are not
able to fix it by now. You will get the same error no matter you use the
default APE implementation or compile your own.

- Ankur