Subject: [manet] AODV RREP

From: Chavalit Srisathapornphat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 01:57:12 -0500

Hello,

I setup a mobile ad hoc network simulation using Qualnet consisting of a 
small number of nodes in a very large terrain.  The transmission range 
is set to 10 km.  All nodes are sources of CBR sessions with some of 
them generate very high volumn of traffic.   When I ran the simulation 
with AODV and varying transmission rate, I encountered the error:

AODV: Relaying RREP with ttl > AODV-NET-DIAMETER

This only happens in some configuration, especially when the data rate 
is very low (where contention is extremely high).   I found that RREP 
from intermediate node indicates a large hop count value.  Have anyone 
encountered the same or similar problem (with Qualnet or other 
simulation tools) when using AODV?  

Thank you,
Chavalit

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet