Subject: [manet] PWC2003: CALL FOR NEW IDEAS and EARLY RESULTS

From: Raffaele Bruno <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:02:15 +0200

[Our sincere apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

CALL FOR NEW IDEAS and EARLY RESULTS

PWC 2003

The Eight International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications 
Sponsored
by the IFIP WG 6.8 - Mobile and Wireless Communications
http://www.iit.cnr.it/pwc2003/early-call.html

September 23-25, 2003 Telecom Italia Future Centre - Venice, Italy
http://www.futurecentre.telecomitalia.it/eng/

PWC is the premier international forum for discussions between researchers,
practitioners and students interested in the symbiosis of mobile 
computing and
wireless networks. PWC 2003 is the eight conference of this series and is
sponsored by IFIP WG 6.8

The PWC 2003 technical program committee is soliciting short papers on 
wireless and mobile communications that bring out interesting and novel 
ideas at an early stage in their development. The goals are to allow 
timely presentation and publication of these ideas. Short papers don't 
need to describe
completed work, but the work should be advanced beyond the initial stages.

Areas of interest include those that are listed on the conference call for
papers, which can be found at http://www.iit.cnr.it/pwc2003

WHY should you submit a short paper?
------------------------------------
This is a great chance for disseminating early results of your research 
to a wide and competent audience. This will help to create awareness 
around your ideas, will give you relevant feedbacks and open some 
discussions in your research direction.

WHAT you have to do NOW
-----------------------
You must submit a short paper presenting your ideas. A short paper
(maximum 2000 words) must clearly describe the subject of your research, the
innovative ideas behind it, the results already achieved, and your 
further work. Proposals submissions will be reviewed for novelty and 
timeliness, relevance,  technical correctness, and accuracy.

Submissions should be sent by email to <[email-masked]> by April 27, 
2003. Please use the following subject: "pwc2003 short-paper proposal".

WHAT you have to do if the proposal is accepted
-----------------------------------------------
Authors of accepted proposal will prepare a camera-ready version of the 
short paper to be published in the conference proceedings published by
Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series
http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/index.html

In addition, youmust attend the conference to present your paper at the 
conference. 15 minutes will be assigned for each short-paper presentation.

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Novel Idea proposal due: April 27, 2003

Notification:   May 15, 2003

Camera Ready due: June 10, 2003