Subject: [manet] Billiard Mobility model

From: Edward Hua <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 18:48:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

    In most MANET simulations, random waypoint and billiard mobility 
models are the two most popularly used models governing the movements of 
the mobile nodes, and between the two the former dominates. I'm wondering 
if there's anybody that has done any research examining billiard mobility 
model, and/or how it fares compared with random waypoint. I know there's a 
paper that analyzes random waypoint, and would like to get my hands on 
any published literature on billiard mobility if possible.

     Thanks for your suggestions.

-Ed

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Bush, Stephen F (Research)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 20:19:48 -0400

Edward,

I am also interested in examining scalability issues both in terms of number
of nodes
as well as differential in movement capability.

I don't know the precise definition of a "billiard mobility model",
although, 
I have been studying the effect of applying initial force vectors to
idealized mobile 
nodes that can "bounce" when collisions occur. Our approach has been to look
at 
resulting force gradients and their relation to routing message flow.

I would be glad to see pointers to papers by others who have done similar
studies.

Stephen F Bush (http://www.research.ge.com/~bushsf)

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Hua [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 5:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [manet] Billiard Mobility model

Hi,

-Ed