Subject: [manet] TBRPF progression

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:09:38 -0700

All,

We have updated the TBRPF draft as planned, and have incorporated 
some helpful comments provided during the Last Call period.

The current version can be found at:
   http://www.erg.sri.com/projects/tbrpf/docs/draft08.txt

We will submit the draft to the IETF in a few days, after carefully
proofreading it and waiting for any additional comments.

The main changes since version 07 are as follows:

   o  HELLO messages have been changed to include neighbor interface
      addresses instead of neighbor router IDs. Correspondingly, the
      neighbor discovery protocol maintains (for each local interface)
      the status of each neighbor interface instead of the status of
      each neighbor.

   o  Neighbor discovery has been modified slightly to allow a node to
      restart (clear its neighbor table) without waiting for neighbors
      to expire their links to the node.

   o  A minimum time between HELLO messages is specified, to ensure that
      the HELLO sequence number does not wrap around to the same number
      within NBR_HOLD_TIME.

   o  A mechanism is described for limiting the propagation radius of
      topology information, by limiting the reportable node set to
      include only nodes that are within the desired radius.

   o  The Security Considerations section has been modified.

Thanks to those of you who have provided helpful comments.

Richard

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet