Subject: [manet] Routing using IPv6

From: "Jagan S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 11:13:43 +0530

Hi, I'm a new member & have a question related to IPv6.

Can someone tell me about the available stuff on using "IPv6 for providing
routing mechanism in MANET" networks.

Thanks in advance,

- Jagan

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:53:58 -0700

>routing mechanism in MANET" networks.

Routing is generally a matter of creating a graph among the nodes in a 
graph - a lattice of routers with interconnection topologies - and then 
decorating the graph with prefixes. We can carry your favorite routing 
protocol in IPv4 or IPv6, and we can decorate the graph with IPv4 or IPv6 
prefixes.

The only thing that comes quickly to mind is my suggestion of using OSPF V3 
last year, whose LSAs are designed around IPv6 and which identifies 
neighbors using IPv6 link local addresses.

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:40:02 -0700

Hello Jagan,

You can also take a look at AODV for IPv6:
	http://people.nokia.net/~charliep/txt/aodvid/aodv6.txt

I reckon we ought to resubmit it sometime or another,
but it should still work just fine.

Also, for Internet Gateway connectivity, please see:
	http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wakikawa-manet-globalv6-02.txt

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: Joe Macker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:10:47 -0400

At 01:53 PM 4/8/2003 -0700, Fred Baker wrote:
>Routing is generally a matter of creating a graph among the nodes in a graph - a lattice of routers with interconnection topologies - and then decorating the graph with prefixes. We can carry your favorite routing protocol in IPv4 or IPv6, and we can decorate the graph with IPv4 or IPv6 prefixes.
>
>The only thing that comes quickly to mind is my suggestion of using OSPF V3 last year, whose LSAs are designed around IPv6 and which identifies neighbors using IPv6 link local addresses. 

 As Fred says, routing protocols can be made to support either.  I have heard or seen of several 
prototype implementations around supporting IPv6 specifically (e.g., AODV, TBRPF, OLSR). Present releasability amd maturity varies.....