Subject: [manet] about ZRP!!

From: ines benbrahim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:16:41 +0200 (CEST)

hiI need to know if packet have a TTL (number of hops or other) because there are a situation when a destination has discovered but another nodes in the network continue to routing in their zones!thanks

---------------------------------
Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !
Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail

---

From: Prince Samar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ines,

The proactive updates of a node have a time-to-live (TTL) which limit 
their broadcast to the scope of the node's routing zone.

When a route query is initiated, the query control mechanisms used 
by ZRP ensure that the query packets travel "outward," towards newer, 
unexplored regions of the network. Based on certain rules, a node marks 
its routing zone as "covered" for a particular query, which allows it to 
drop any later instance of the route query that it may encounter. 

Techniques like expanding ring search (which rely on TTL) can easily be 
used with ZRP to possibly reduce the routing overhead.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Prince

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, ines benbrahim wrote:

>hi
>I need to know if packet have a TTL (number of hops or other) because
>there are a situation when a destination has discovered but another nodes
>in the network continue to routing in their zones!thanks
>
>

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet