Subject: [manet] PWC2003: CALL FOR PROJECTS' PRESENTATIONS

From: Raffaele Bruno <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:01:55 +0200

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]

CALL FOR PROJECTS' PRESENTATIONS

PWC 2003

The Eight International Conference on Personal Wireless Communications 
Sponsored
by the IFIP WG 6.8 - Mobile and Wireless Communications
http://www.iit.cnr.it/pwc2003/project-call.html

September 23-25, 2003 Telecom Italia Future Centre - Venice, Italy
http://www.futurecentre.telecomitalia.it/eng/

PWC is the premier international forum for discussions between researchers,
practitioners and students interested in the symbiosis of mobile 
computing and
wireless networks. PWC 2003 is the eight conference of this series and is
sponsored by IFIP WG 6.8

The PWC 2003 technical program committee is soliciting extended abstracts
presenting on-going research projects on wireless and mobile communications.
Areas of interest include those that are listed on the conference call for
papers, which can be found at http://www.iit.cnr.it/pwc2003
We are looking for projects performed either at a single-country level or
involving several countries (e.g., European Commission projects)

WHY should you submit a project presentation?
---------------------------------------------
This is a great chance for disseminating the results of your project to 
a wide
audience. Dissemination is the previous activity to exploitation, and 
could be
considered as the market strategy to create awareness around your project.

WHAT you have to do NOW
-----------------------
You must submit an extended abstract presenting your project. An extended
abstract (maximum 1500 words) must clearly describe the scope of the 
project, the innovative ideas behind it, partners involved, etc. In 
addition, if appropriate, please shortly present results already 
achieved. Extended abstracts will be reviewed  for novelty, timeliness, 
and relevance for this conference.

Submissions should be sent by email to [email-masked] by April 27, 
2003. Please use the following subject: "pwc2003 project presentation".

WHAT you have to do if the submission is accepted
-------------------------------------------------
Authors of accepted submissions will prepare a camera-ready version of 
the extended
abstract to be published in the conference proceedings published by
Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series
http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/index.html

In addition, you have to prepare a poster presenting your project and
attend the PWC2003 poster session to present your poster.

A poster is a 1 meter x 1.25 meter rectangular board on which you can affix
visually appealing material that describes your research. How you use 
this is up
to you: you may choose to print out several 8.5"x11" or A4 sheets of 
paper (e.g., paper copies of overheads) and "tile" the poster board with 
these pages. Or, you may choose to print a single large sheet of paper 
describing the work and attach that to the poster board. Several 
document companies produce professional-looking posters from material 
produced on software like Powerpoint; you may want to use such a facility.

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Project presentation proposal due: April 27, 2003

Notification:   May 15, 2003

Camera Ready due: June 10, 2003