Subject: [manet] CFP: ACM Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe) in conjunction with ACM MobiCom

From: Guevara Noubir <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:48:12 -0400 (EDT)

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of the CFP.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

                        Call for Papers

              Workshop on Wireless Security (WiSe)

                      in conjunction with
                       ACM MobiCom 2003

                      September 19, 2003
                         San Diego, CA

              http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~adrian/wise2003

                     Sponsored by SIGMOBILE

The workshop on Wireless Security will be held in conjunction with ACM
MobiCom 2003. The objective of this workshop is to bring together
researchers from research communities in wireless networking,
security, applied cryptography, and dependability; with the goal of
fostering interaction. With the proliferation of wireless networks,
issues related to secure and dependable operation of such networks are
gaining importance. Topics of interest include, but are not limited
to:

        * Key management in wireless/mobile environments
        * Trust establishment
        * Intrusion detection, detection of malicious behaviour
        * Revocation of malicious parties
        * Secure PHY/MAC/routing protocols
        * Secure location determination
        * Denial of service
        * User privacy
        * Anonymity, prevention of traffic analysis
        * Dependable wireless networking
        * Monitoring and surveillance

Paper submission instructions:

        Submission of papers based on work-in-progress is encouraged.
        Submitted papers must not be previously published elsewhere or
        currently under review for any other publication. Please direct
        any questions about the paper submission process to the Program
        Co-Chairs.

        All paper submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should
        prepare a PostScript or Portable Document Format (PDF) version of
        their paper.

        Papers must meet the following restrictions: No longer
        than 10 pages (single or double column); in font no smaller than
        11 points; must fit properly on US Letter-sized paper
        (8.5 inch x 11 inch) with reasonable margins.

        Instructions for electronic submission of papers will be posted
        at http://www.ece.cmu.edu/~adrian/wise2003/submission.html

Important dates:

        Paper submissions due: May 27, 2003

        Notification of acceptance: July 25, 2003

        Camera-ready papers due: August 1, 2003

        Workshop date: September 19, 2003

Workshop Co-Chairs:

        * Douglas Maughan, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
          ([email-masked])
        * Adrian Perrig, Carnegie Mellon University
          ([email-masked])

Program Committee:

        Bill Arbaugh, University of Maryland
        Brian Noble, University of Michigan
        Brian Van Leeuwen, Sandia National Laboratories
        Chinya Ravishankar, University of California at Riverside
        Jean-Pierre Hubaux, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne
        Jonathan Smith, University of Pennsylvania
        Leendert van Doorn, IBM
        Markus Jakobsson, RSA Security
        Radha Poovendran, University of Washington
        Stephen Zabele, Alphatech
        Wenke Lee, Georgia Institute of Technology
        Yair Amir, Johns Hopkins University

Publicity Co-Chairs:

        Mohsen Guizani, University of West Florida
        Guevara Noubir, Northeastern University

Publication Chair:

        Saad Biaz, Auburn University

Registration Chair:

        Robin Kravets, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Treasurer

        Yongguang Zhang, HRL Labs and UT-Austin
_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet