Subject: [manet] routing

From: "jian wu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:17:31 +0000

Dear all

I am a student currently working on ad hoc routing. I have a question here: 
I know that in reactive protocols such as DSR or AODV, source nodes send out 
RREQ to discover routes and expect RREP back. I wonder whether there is any 
route computation (e.g. using Dijkstra's or Bellman Ford algorithm) involved 
in this process? And how about proactive protocols such as OLSR, is Dijkstra 
used there when computing the routing table?

Many thanks, Jian Wu

_________________________________________________________________
Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends 
http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "Philippe Jacquet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 19:19:01 +0200

Yes OLSR uses Dijkstra, but DSDV uses Belman-Ford. It depends whether the
proactive protocol is link state or not.

Philippe