Subject: [manet] Final CFP: Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks Workshop

From: Vipin Swarup <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:08:46 -0400

Final Call for Papers (Submissions due: July 18, 2003)

     [ Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP ]
______________________________________________________________________

2003 ACM Workshop on Security of Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (SASN 2003)

To be held in conjunction with the 10th ACM Conference on Computer and
		       Communications Security
	October 31, 2003, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
		       Sponsored by ACM SIGSAC
		      http://www.cs.gmu.edu/sasn

			   CALL FOR PAPERS

Ad hoc and sensor networks are expected to become an integral part of
the future computing landscape.  However, these networks introduce new
security challenges due to their dynamic topology, severe resource
constraints, and absence of a trusted infrastructure.  This workshop
seeks submissions from academia and industry presenting novel research
on all aspects of security for ad hoc and sensor networks, as well as
experimental studies of fielded systems.  Submission of papers based
on work-in-progress is encouraged.  Topics of interest include, but
are not limited to, the following as they relate to wireless networks,
mobile ad hoc networks, or sensor networks:

* Security under resource constraints, e.g., energy, bandwidth, memory,
  and computation constraints
* Performance and security tradeoffs
* Secure roaming across administrative domains
* Key management
* Cryptographic protocols
* Authentication and access control
* Trust establishment, negotiation, and management
* Intrusion detection and tolerance
* Secure location services
* Privacy and anonymity
* Secure routing
* Secure MAC protocols
* Denial of service
* Prevention of traffic analysis

Submission Instructions:

Submitted papers must not substantially overlap with papers that have
been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a
conference with proceedings.  Papers should be at most 15 pages
excluding the bibliography and well-marked appendices, using at least
11-point font and reasonable margins on US letter-size paper (8.5 inch
x 11 inch).  Committee members are not required to read the
appendices, and so submissions should be intelligible without them.
Each submission should start with the title, abstract, and names and
contact information of authors.  The introduction should give
background and summarize the contributions of the paper at a level
appropriate for a non-specialist reader.

To submit a paper, send to [email-masked] a plain ASCII text email
containing the title and abstract of your paper, the authors' names,
email and postal addresses, phone and fax numbers, and identification
of the contact author.  To the same message, attach your submission
(as a MIME attachment) in PDF or portable postscript format.  Do NOT
send files formatted for word processing packages (e.g., Microsoft
Word or WordPerfect files).  Papers must be received by the deadline
of July 18, 2003.

Conference proceedings will be published by the ACM and made available
at the workshop.  Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their
paper will be presented at the workshop.

Important Dates:

Paper submissions due:		July 18, 2003
Acceptance notifications:	August 29, 2003
Camera-ready papers due:	September 26, 2003
SASN Workshop:			October 31, 2003

Program Co-Chairs:

Vipin Swarup, MITRE ([email-masked])
Sanjeev Setia, George Mason University ([email-masked])

Program Committee:

Virgil Gligor, University of Maryland at College Park
Zygmunt Haas, Cornell University
Jean-Pierre Hubaux, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne
Brian Levine, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Songwu Lu, University of California at Los Angeles
Doug Maughan, DARPA
Luigi Mancini, University of Rome
Adrian Perrig, Carnegie Mellon University
Radha Poovendran, University of Washington at Seattle
Emilia Rosti, University of Milan
David Wagner, University of California at Berkeley

For further information, contact:

Vipin Swarup
MITRE, Mail Stop W424
7515 Colshire Drive
McLean, VA 22102 USA

Phone: +1 703 883 7625
Fax:   +1 703 883 1397
Email: [email-masked]
______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet