Subject: [manet] CFP IEEE Network Magazine special issue on 'Ad hoc Networking: Data Communications & Topology Control'

From: "David Simplot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 10:31:18 +0200

Please accept our apologies in case you receive this information from
multiple sources. 
==================================================================
			   Call for Papers

			IEEE Network Magazine

			   Special Issue on
     'AD HOC NETWORKING: DATA COMMUNICATIONS & TOPOLOGY CONTROL'

       http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/net/ntwrk/special.html

  IEEE Network seeks articles for a special issue on Ad Hoc
Networking: Data Communications and Topology Control, to appear in
July 2004. The guest editors for this special issue are David Simplot,
Université de Lille, France, and Ivan Stojmenovic, University of
Ottawa, Canada.

Purpose

  Wireless networks and mobile computing research has until recently
concentrated on single-hop networks (network nodes communicating
directly to a fixed infrastructure), such as cellular and satellite
systems. Ad hoc networking covers multi-hop scenarios (network nodes
communicating via other network nodes) such as conference, hospital,
battlefield, rescue, and monitoring scenarios. Particular ad hoc
network systems include packet radio networks, sensor networks,
personal communication systems, rooftop networks, and wireless local
area networks. Even multi-hop cellular networks may be a viable option
when a huge number of cellular phones are concentrated on a small area
such as stadium.

  This special issue will cover comprehensively the network layer in
ad hoc networks, which deals with data communication and topology
control problems. Data communication problems include routing,
broadcasting, multicasting, geocasting, clustering, area monitoring,
data and service access. Topology control problems include neighbor
discovery, topology construction and maintenance, activity scheduling,
position discovery, partition detection, location updates, and network
management. The new approaches to ad hoc networks design emphasize
cross-layering approach, and therefore the relevant issues arising
from network layer problems will also be covered, such as power
management, security, quality of service, performance evaluation, data
link and transport layers.

  The goal of the special issue is to publish original research and
review articles which should be comprehensive to all readers,
regardless of their specialty.

Manuscript submission

  Send papers as PDF file to both co-guest editors [email-masked] and
[email-masked]. It is recommended that submissions be limited to
4500 words, with the number of references limited to 10. Guidelines
for authors can be found on the IEEE Network magazine Website at
http://www.comsoc.org/pubs/net/ntwrk/authors.html .

Important dates

Manuscript Submission: November 30, 2003
Acceptance Notification: February 29, 2004
Final Manuscript Due: May 1, 2004
Publication: July/August 2004

Guest co-editors

Dr. David Simplot
IRCICA/LIFL, Univ. Lille 1, France
[email-masked]

Dr. Ivan Stojmenovic
SITE, University of Ottawa, Canada
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet