Subject: [manet] location management

From: "Jack Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:48:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all:

Are there any published works about "location tracking for ad hoc networks"?

Thanks a lot.

Jack

_______________________________________________
Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com
The most personalized portal on the Web!

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:15:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jack,

Try the following:

1. Z.J. Haas and B. Liang, "Ad Hoc Location Management Using Quorum
Systems,"ACM/IEEE Transactions on Networking, April 1999 

2. B. Liang and Z.J. Haas, "Virtual Backbone Generation and Maintenance in
Ad Hoc Network Mobility Management," IEEE INFOCOM'2000, Tel Aviv, Israel,
March 26-30, 2000 

3. Z.J. Haas and B. Liang, "Ad-Hoc Mobility Management with Randomized
Database Groups," IEEE ICC'99, Vancouver, BC, Canada, June 6-10, 1999 

2. J. Li, Z.J. Haas, and B. Liang, ``Performance Analysis of Random
Database Group Scheme for Mobility Management in Ad hoc Network,'' IEEE
International Conference on Communications (ICC) 2003, Anchorage, Alaska,
May 11-15, 2003 

Zygmunt.
==-=-=====
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Prof. Zygmunt J. Haas                    http://people.ece.cornell.edu/haas 
Wireless Networks Laboratory		 http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
School of Electrical Engineering         
Cornell University			 tel: +1-607-255-3454
323 Frank Rhodes Hall			 fax: +1-607-255-9072
Ithaca, NY 14853			 e-mail: [email-masked]
U.S.A                             
	WNL web page: http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

---

From: Stefano Basagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 04:21:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jeck,

  you can also have a look to the following paper.

  Cheers, St.

@inproceedings{ICC01,
  author =           {Basagni, S. and Turgut, D. and Das, S. K.},
  title =            {Mobility-Adaptive Protocols for Managing Large Ad Hoc
                      Networks},
  booktitle =        {Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on
                      Communications, ICC 2001},
  volume =           {5},
  pages =            {1539--1543},
  address =          {Helsinki, Finland},
  month =            {June 11--14},
  year =             {2001},
}

--
Stefano Basagni, Ph.D.      Assistant Professor of Computer Engineering
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering   312 Dana Research Center
Northeastern University            360 Huntington Ave. Boston, MA 02115
Tel. 617 373 3061, Fax 617 373 8970         E-mail: [email-masked]
***               http://www.ece.neu.edu/faculty/basagni/           ***