Subject: [manet] 2nd CFP WWAN 2004, Tokyo, Japan, March 23-26, 2004

From: "David Simplot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 18:23:49 +0200

Please accept our apologies in case you receive this information from
multiple sources. 
==================================================================

			   CALL FOR PAPERS

			      WWAN 2004
	 International Workshop on Wireless Ad Hoc Networking
		   http://www.lifl.fr/RD2P/WWAN2004

		    to be held in conjunction with
  The 24th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems
			     (ICDCS-2004)
		   Tokyo, Japan, March 23-26, 2004

		http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/icdcs04
		       http://www.icdcs2004.org

  Wireless networks and mobile computing research has until recently
concentrated on single-hop networks (network nodes communicating
directly to a fixed infrastructure), such as cellular or satellite
systems. Ad hoc networking covers multi-hop scenarios (network nodes
communicating via other network nodes) such as conference, hospital,
battlefield, rescue, monitoring scenarios. Wireless ad-hoc networks
are formed by a set of hosts that communicate with each other over a
wireless channel. Each node has the ability to communicate directly
with another node in its physical neighborhood. They operate in a
self-organized and decentralized manner and message communication
takes place via multi-hop spreading. A packet is sent to its target
node through a set of intermediate nodes that act as
routers. Particular ad hoc network systems include packet radio
networks, sensor networks, personal communication systems, rooftop
networks, and wireless local area networks.

  This workshop covers the area of ad hoc networking, from physical
issues up to applications aspects. In particular, it will cover
physical, data link, network and transport layers, as well as
applications, security, simulation and power management issues in
sensor, local area, personal, and mobile ad hoc networks. It is the
goal of this workshop to review ad hoc protocols and models and to
reflect the latest in the state of the art in ad hoc networks. It
seeks to provide up to date information on research and development
activities in rapidly growing area of ad hoc networks.

Topics of Interest

  We are seeking papers that describe original and unpublished
contributions addressing various aspects of ad hoc
networking. Possible topics of interest include, but are not limited
to:

- Applications and history of ad hoc networks, 
- Physical layer of ad hoc networks, 
- Pervasive and wearable computing, 
- IEEE 801.11 and Bluetooth based medium access control, 
- Methods and tools for ad hoc networks simulation, 
- Analytical, mobility and validation models for ad hoc networks, 
- Hybrid networks and wireless internet, 
- Security in ad hoc networks, 
- Data management issues, query processing, data delivery, 
- Routing, broadcasting and multicasting in ad hoc networks, 
- Energy-efficient protocols for ad hoc networks, 
- Quality of service in medium access control and routing, 
- Topology construction and maintenance in ad hoc networks. 

Paper Submission

  Submit a full paper of about 6 pages (IEEE Computer Society
proceedings Manuscripts: two column, single-spaced), including figures
and references, using 10 font size, and number each page. Accepted
papers will be published by IEEE Computer Society Press, as
proceedings of the ICDCS'2004 workshops. You can use the IEEE Computer
Society Press Proceedings Author Guidelines
(http://computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm).

  Prepare your paper in Postscript or PDF file (Adobe format), paper
title, authors' names, affiliations, postal address, phone, fax, and
e-mail address of the authors, about 200-250 word abstract, and five
keywords. Send by mail your submission to both co-chairs
([email-masked] and [email-masked]).

Important Dates

  Manuscript Submission: September 1, 2003 
  Acceptance Notification: October 31, 2003 
  Final Manuscript Due: December 20, 2003 

Program Co-Chairs

  Dr. David Simplot
  IRCICA/LIFL, Univ. Lille 1, France
  [email-masked] 

  Dr. Ivan Stojmenovic
  SITE, University of Ottawa, Canada
  [email-masked] 

Program Committee

  Michel Barbeau, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada 
  Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, Boston, USA 
  Ana Cavalli, INT Evry, France 
  Marco Conti, IIT Institute, Pisa, Italy 
  Piet Demeester, University of Gent, Belgium 
  Serge Fdida, University of Paris, France 
  Laura Feeney, SICS, Kista, Sweden 
  Afonso Ferreira, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France 
  Matthias Frank, University of Bonn, Germany 
  Jennifer Hou, University of Illinois, USA 
  Philippe Jacquet, INRIA Rocquencourt, France 
  Keqin Li, State University of New York, USA 
  Xiang-Yang Li, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA 
  Jelena Misic, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada 
  Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, USA 
  Symeon Papavassiliou, University Heights, Newark, USA 
  Tarek N. Saadawi, CCNY New York, USA 
  Loren Schwiebert, Wayne University, Detroit, USA 
  Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA 
  Ketil Stølen, SINTEF Oslo, Norway 
  Vassilis Tsaoussidis, Demokritos University of Greece, Greece 
  Stéphane Ubéda, INSA Lyon, France 
  Takashi Watanabe, Shizuoka University, Japan 
  Frédéric Weis, University of Rennes, France 
  Jie Wu, Florida Atlantic University, USA 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet