Subject: [manet] New Release of the MANET Emulation Tool

From: "Tao Lin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:22:37 -0400

Sorry to bother others who are not interested.

We have released version 2.0 of our MANET emulation tool, the dynamic
switch, at http://sourceforge.net/projects/dynamic-switch.  It is based on
Red Hat 9.0 (2.4.20-8 kernel).

The basic features are as follows.

1. Emulate MANET topology changes in a wired (Ethernet) test bed.

The dynamic switch is designed to switch datagrams based on the incoming
network interface.  The switch does not check the IP or MAC address of
datagrams.  It forwards the datagrams to the proper outgoing network
interface(s) based on a user-defined connectivity table.  All end hosts
(emulated mobile nodes) connect to the dynamic switch via cross-over cables.
Users can control the connectivity among end hosts at the dynamic switch via
input-commands or scripts.  Note that there is no need for special
configuration or emulation software at the end hosts and there is no
restriction of the operating system and other software used at the end
hosts.

2. Switch between normal Linux box and the dynamic switch.

The software uses a loadable module, which means users can load this
software and change the normal Linux box into a dynamic switch or unload the
module and convert the dynamic switch back to a normal machine.  There is
also an option to set individual network cards back to normal mode.

3. Emulate limited bandwidth and packet loss.

The dynamic switch can emulate bandwidth limitations using the
leaky-token-bucket model.  The dynamic switch can also emulate packet loss
according to a specified packet drop rate using different probability
distributions.

4. Requires only a single kernel recompilation.

Users can update the number of network cards after the installation.  The
software will detect them when it is loaded.

Please check the Install-howto and Readme first once you download it.
Thanks!

  Tao Lin
  Ph.D Candidate
  Virginia Tech Lab for Advanced Networking (VT LAN)
  ECE Dept.
  Virginia Tech

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet