Subject: [manet] MobiCom 2003 early registration and hotel deadline is August 28

From: Eyal de Lara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:45:03 -0400 (EDT)

Please excuse us if you receive multiple copies of this message.

----------------------------------

Just a reminder that the deadline for early discounted registration
and hotel reservation for MobiCom 2003, the Ninth Annual International
Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking, is next Thursday,
August 28.  MobiCom is the premier international forum addressing all
issues in mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking at the
link layer and above.  MobiCom 2003 will be held September 14-19,
2003, at the Westin Horton Plaza Hotel in beautiful, sunny San Diego,
California.

The program for MobiCom 2003 includes 27 technical papers describing
the best of recent research in mobile computing and networking, plus
exciting research demos, a panel discussion on security and privacy
in mobile and wireless systems, a student poster session, and a
conference dinner banquet cruise.  MobiCom 2003 will also feature
2 invited talks:

 - Keynote Speaker: Dr. Paul J. Kolodzy, Director of the Wireless
   Network Security Center (WiNSeC) at Stevens Institute of Technology,
   and previously Senior Spectrum Policy Advisor and Director of the
   Spectrum Policy Task Force at the United States FCC, and Program
   Manager at DARPA.
 - Luncheon Speaker: Dr. Ian F. Akyildiz, Ken Byers Distinguished
   Chair Professor in Telecommunications, School of Electrical and
   Computer Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology. Professor
   Akyildiz will speak on "InterPlaNetary Internet: State-of-the-Art
   and Research Challenges".

The conference will also include 5 tutorials on the latest research
areas and background topics in mobile computing and networking:

 - Secure Routing in Ad Hoc Networks
 - Public-Area Wireless Networks
 - Mobile Ad Hoc Networking
 - IP Mobility Support in a Mobile Internet
 - Topology Control in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks

There will also be 6 full-day workshops on emerging topics related to
mobile computing and networking:

 - DIALM-POMC 2003 Joint Workshop on Foundations of Mobile Computing
 - MobiDE 2003: The Third ACM International Workshop on Data Engineering
   for Wireless and Mobile Access
 - MSWiM 2003: The Sixth ACM International Workshop on Modeling,
   Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems
 - WiSe 2003: The Second ACM International Workshop on Wireless Security
 - WMASH 2003: The First ACM International Workshop on Wireless Mobile
   Applications and Services on WLAN Hotspots
 - WSNA 2003: The Second ACM International Workshop on Wireless
   Sensor Networks and Applications

For complete details about MobiCom 2003, including registration and
hotel information, plus all the latest MobiCom 2003 news, please see

   http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2003/

Again, the deadlines for special discounted early registration fees
and for special hotel room rates are both Thursday, August 28, 2003.

We look forward to seeing you in San Diego for MobiCom 2003!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet