Subject: [manet] Re: IRTF ANS Meeting Announcement

From: Dave Johnson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 17:05:27 -0500

For those who haven't seen it already, full details on MobiCom, the
location where the IRTF ANS meeting will be held, are available on the
web at

   http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2003/

The AND meeting will take place at the Westin Horton Plaza hotel in
San Diego, in the same room where the main sessions of MobiCom will be
held.

Note that special discounted registration rates for MobiCom and
special rates for rooms at the Westin Horton Plaza are available, but
the cutoff for these special rates is TOMORROW, Thursday, August 28.
After tomorrow, registration is still available, but at higher
fees, and hotel rooms are available on a space-available basis.

You don't need to register for the conference to attend the ANS
meeting, although of course, as the General Chair for MobiCom 2003, I
hope you will :-).  If you do reserve a room at the hotel, you need to
identify yourself as affiliated with MobiCom in order to get the
special room rate (this is OK if you are attending the ANS meeting,
even if you do not register for the conference, but as I mentioned,
I hope you will register for MobiCom too :-).

Full details on registering for the conference and reserving a room at
the hotel are available on the MobiCom web site above.  There is no
separate registration just for attending the ANS meeting.

					Dave

--
David B. Johnson
General Chair, MobiCom 2003, http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2003/

Associate Professor of Computer Science
and Electrical and Computer Engineering

Rice University                           [email-masked]
Department of Computer Science            http://www.cs.rice.edu/~dbj/
6100 Main Street, MS-132                  Phone: (713) 348-3063
Houston, Texas 77005-1892 USA             Fax:   (713) 348-5930

Elizabeth Belding-Royer said:
> Hi,
> 
> The IETF Ad hoc Network Scalability research group will hold
> its second meeting at the Mobicom conference in San Diego.
> Specifically, the meeting will be at 5:30pm on Thursday
> Sept. 18th, after the adjournment of the Mobicom conference.
> The room will be announced later.
> 
> We are soliciting speakers for this meeting to give presentations
> on recent research related to ad hoc network scalability.
> If you would like to give a presentation, please email both
> me ([email-masked]) and Scott ([email-masked]) directly 
> with a paragraph describing what you would like to speak on.
> 
> As preparation for the meeting, it would be beneficial to read
> the draft that Zygmunt Haas sent to the mailing list earlier
> this month.  That draft is located at 
> http://wnl.ece.cornell.edu/Publications/draft-irtf-ans-scalability-definition-00.txt
> 
> Also please go back in the mail archives and read the message from
> Costas Constantinou sent on Jun 11.  We will discuss both of these
> items at the meeting.
> 
> Hope to see you there!
> Elizabeth
> 

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet

---

From: Elizabeth Belding-Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Aug 2003 14:44:02 -0700

Hi,

Hope to see you there!
Elizabeth