Subject: [manet] Autoconfiguration and DAD minimazation draft is submitted

From: Mika Rantonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:21:52 +0300

Hi all!

I would like to request your comments on my new draft,
"IP Address Autoconfiguration with DAD minimization for Ad Hoc Networks"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rantonen-manet-idaddress-dad-adhocnet-00.txt

Abstract of draft:

Many kinds of mobile user equipments may want to join or create
wireless local area network. Today connectivity is usually based on
using the IP address as the identifier for the device. However, such
kinds of devices do not necessary have a static IP address. Some
autoconfiguration procedures are developed for fixed networks, but
those procedures have requirements that Manet does not satisfy. For
ad hoc networks, some IPv6 address autoconfiguration solutions are
developed during recent years.
In this document, an autoconfiguration mechanism for mobile ad hoc
network nodes will be described. A hardware based addressing will be
presented as one approach to create a temporary IPv6 address.
Furthermore, a solution for minimizing Duplicate Address Detection
procedures while generating a globally unique IPv6 address will be
explained.

I'll wait for your comments.
Thanks.

Best Regards,

Mika

---

From: "Christophe Jelger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:54:37 +0200

Hi everybody,

I've just published a new Internet Draft on IPv6 gateway discovery and
address autoconfiguration in ad hoc networks.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jelger-manet-gateway-autoconf-v6-00.txt

I am of course very interested by comments and suggestions which are very
welcome. For your information, we will have an implementation of the draft
in a few weeks.

Sincerely,

Christophe

---------------------------------------------------------------
Christophe Jelger - LSIIT           [email-masked]
Université Louis Pasteur
Strasbourg - France                   Tel: +33 (0)3 90 24 45 90

http://www-r2.u-strasbg.fr/~jelger
---------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet